1

"You can't catch me!" I yell as I run past the pack house. "Just you wait Skylar!" My best friend Jake yells as he Chases me. I turn back to look at him but he's not there. "Jake?" I call. "Boo!" He tells from behind me. I laugh and the two of us make our way to the pack house for dinner. "Look at them they are inseparable!" I hear Jake's mom tell mine as we both put a ton of mashed potatoes on our plates. "They are so adorable." My mom adds. Then we hear a loud scream coming from the back of the pack house. "ROUGUES!" A man nearby shouts. Everyone panics as Jake grabs my hand and rushes me upstairs to his room. "Jake I'm scared." I tell him as I sit in the dark closet. "I know angel so am I." He replies. We sit in science until we hear his bedroom door open. "Don't think you can hide from me." I hear a man say. That's when the closet door is ripped open. Jake bolts in front of me and shields me from any harm. "So what do we have here?" The man says as he stares down at Jake. "Please don't hurt her." Jake pleads. That's when the man looks down at me and smiles, showing his yellow teeth. He grabs Jake and by arm and lifts him up in the air. "SKYLAR RUN!" Jake screams. I bolt out the door and down the steps. I hear the man throw Jake and the sound of glass breaking. Tears start streaming down my face as I make my way into the woods.

I let out a loud scream as I wake up. It's been ten years since the attack and I still have nightmares. I calm myself down a bit before finally getting up. I haven't shifted in about three years. I decided that I would stay this way in case something or someone attacked. I get up and look around at my surroundings. I knew my the thickness of the trees I was deep in the forest. My stomach grumbled as I found myself quite hungry. "We need food." My wolf Harper tells me. "I didn't have a clue!" I reply sarcastically. I begin walking deeper into the forest and stop when the smell of a rabbit hits my nose. I track it down for about an hour until I eventually try to pounce. The first pounce I nearly missed and only scratched it's leg. It wasn't a fatal blow but it did slow it down to where I was able to actually kill it. I eat quickly to hungry to think about the taste. I loved this time of day. It was quiet and the sun was just coming up. The birds weren't singing just yet but the crickets were still chirping along. That's when I heard a twig break. "OH NO ITS PROBABLY A BEAR OR A TIGER! TIGERS LIVE IN THE WOODS RIGHT?" My wolf Harper began to freak out. "Shut it." I growl but a part of me is frightened about what made the sound. I stare at a berry bush for what seems like forever until it begins to rustle. "YEAH TIGERS LIVE IN THE WOODS I SAW A BARNEY MOVIE OR WHATEVER AND THERE WAS A TIGER-" "SHUT IT!" I yell trying to mask my fear. Then three wolves appear out of the bush. The largest one pounces on me. Clearly about two feet taller than me. He bares his teeth and glares at me. "Shift!" He demands. I could tell he held a strong role in the pack. Maybe even an Alpha. The other two wolves watched closely ready to attack if I made a move. "SHIFT!" He demands louder making me flinch. I do as I'm told because I don't want to get hurt. I'm still under the large wolf as I shift into my human form. Thank God we shift in clothing. The wolf backs off of me and shifts himself. He is tall and muscular. With dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He stares off into the distance and I can't tell what he is doing. "The Alpha says to bring her directly to his office for questioning." The dirty blonde haired boy tells the other two wolves. The both shift as well. One boy has black hair and light blue eyes. A weird combination but it suits him well. The other boy has red hair and green eyes. Tons of freckles cover his nose and cheeks. "Come with us." The dirt blonde haired one says again. Fear hits be like a ton of bricks and I instantly start sobbing. "Please don't hurt me." I beg. I suddenly start to feel very dizzy. I see black spots in my vision and it gets hard to breath. "Please." I say weakly. That's the last thing I remember before the world went black.

Blake's POV
"Alpha Blake a rougue has been found in our territory, white she wolf, what should we do with her?" My beta John tells me through mind link. "Bring her to my office for questioning." I respond. The rougues have been coming here often. Since it is a she Wolf I will not kill her, but she will be put in for questioning. "She just passed out, I don't know Alpha this doesn't seem like a normal rougue." John tells me. "I'll meet you guys in the pack hospital." I tell them.

Skylar POV
I wake up in a hospital room. I hear the sound of the machines beeping as I slowly open my eyes. I soon discover I am surrounded by two men and another woman. The first man is tall and looks strong. He has dirty blonde hair and bkue eyes and i could tell that he was the wolf that first saw me and his arm is around the woman. The woman is small but not as small as me and she is very beautiful. My eyes drift over to the last man in the room. As soon as we lock eyes I sense something. It's like time stops, or your floating on air. He walks up to my bed and I cower in fear. He is very attractive. He has dark brown hair and green eyes but that doesn't stop me from being afraid of him. "Hey beautiful can you tell me your name?" He asks. I'm still tense as I answer him. "Sk-Skylar." I stutter. He smiles and at that moment I feel something inside of me that I haven't felt in a while. I felt something happy. "Mine." The man growls and that's when I know, he's my mate. Momma talked all about them when I was really young. I had grasped onto every word. "Okay angel let's get you some medication to help with the pain." My heart stops as the nurse says that. Jake used to call me that, I was his angel. I instantly started to bawl. "Skylar please don't cry what's wrong?" My mate asks. I still don't even know his name. Then the medication starts to set in and I end up getting very sleepy. I calm down almost instantly. "Don't worry my name is Blake Reynolds and I promise that nothing will ever happen to you, mate."

Hello dear readers! Please tell me you like the first chapter. Sorry it's going so slow but please tell me your opinion if you like it or not!