2

Blake's POV
When I first layed my eyes on Skylar I knew she was my mate. I watched as she slept, yeah I know that's creepy but I couldn't help it. She was breathtaking. Her long brown hair was messy and she was paler than a sheet of white paper, but she was still absolutely breathtaking. Soon she began to toss and turn and at first I didn't know what was happening. "NO DON'T HURT JAKE!" She yells in her sleep. She thrashes around like a mad man. I rush over to her bed and start to try to get her to wake up. "Skylar wake up your dreaming." I tell her. But the name Jake sticks in my head. She starts to hit my chest, hurling her small fists at me over and over until she wakes up. "Bl-Blake?" She questions. I nod at her. "Princess what happened in your dream?" She looks around the room, like a scary monster is hiding around the corner. "I-I cant." She shakes her head at me. I let out a low growl which causes her to flinch. "Please don't hurt me." She begs and starts to cry. My voice goes soft and tender, I've never spoken this way before. "Skylar, I will never hurt you." I tell her. A part of me thinks she believes it, a part of me thinks she is still frightened. "Do you pinky promise?" She asks and holds out her pinky. "Pinky promise? What's a Pinky promise?" My wolf Jasper asks. "What's a Pinky promise?" I ask Skylar. She giggles and oh my God the world could have stopped right then and there. "Hold out your pinky." She tells me and I obey. "Now we hook them together like this." She takes her Pinky and hooks it in mine. Tingles shoot up my arm but I don't care. Blush rises into her cheeks so I can tell she feels it to. That's when somebody clears their throat. I look over to see my beta John. "That's great! She woke up!" He says excitingly. "Name?" She asks him. I can tell she remembers his from the woods. "John." He answers. "Skylar this is my Beta." I tell her. She cocks her head to the side. "What's a, a- "A beta?" I finish her sentence for her and she nods. "He is second in command of the pack, and I'm the Alpha which means I'm first in command of the pack." She nods her head slowly understanding everything. Then John's mate Alex walks in. "Shes pretty." Skylar says and points at Alex. Alex blushes and smiles at her. "Thank you, my name is Alex." She tells her and walks over by the bedside. The two begin talking like they have known each other for years. I can tell they are going to be friends. "Mr. Reynolds, may I speak with you?" The doctor asks. I try to hide the worried look on my face but fail miserably. "Oh no its nothing bad, Skylar is healing very quickly and is doing very well. Relief floods over me as I walk into the hallway with the doctor. "Ms. Skylar can be taken home tomorrow evening, as long as nothing bad happens." She tells me and I nod.
"You may want to tell her what's going on, who she will be living with, and all that stuff, that way it won't shock her as much. I know I said she is doing good but she is still very fragile." The doctor gives me a small smile. "Thank you doctor Jacobs." I tell him and walk back in the room. When I walk in Alex and Skylar are talking and giggling about somthing. When I get a closers look I can see that Alex is painting Skylar nails. "Have you ever had your nails painted before?" Alex asks. "It was a long time ago." Skylar tells her and turns her attention back to her now hot pink nails.

Skylars POV
I look at my hot pink nails. I like them a lot. "I would like to talk to my mate alone." Blake tells them. I instantly think he is going to hurt us. "Blake pinky promised remember?" Harper tells me and I calm down a bit. "So Skylar, how old are you?" He asks when everybody leaves. "19, you?" I ask him. "21." He sits down on the edge of my bed. "The doctor says you can leave tomorrow, I would like you to move in with me." My jaw drops in shock. He's being so nice to me, why. "I-I um." I stutter. "I guess." I finish. His smile could light up the room. When he smiled at me, I got this happy feeling. Like nothing bad was going to happen. "So Skylar, I wanted to ask you-" He pauses and looks at the ground. "If you could tell me your story." His question hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew I could trust him. "When I was three, a met another little boy. He was two years older than me. His name was Jake and we became best friends." I paused holding back tears. "One day me and Jake went into the pack house for dinner." I let tears fall. "That's when the rougues attacked. Jake and me ran upstairs and hid in the closet. The man picked him up, Jake screamed at me to run. H-he died protecting me." I started full out sobbing then. Blake came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Nothing will ever happen to you, do you hear me?" Blake tells me. I felt safe inside his arms.