11

"Angel, wake up." Jake whispers in my ear. I wake up not knowing where I am at first, but then the memories hit me like a pound of bricks. "Good morning Jake." I say to him. I kiss his cheek. My lips burn afterwards, I tell Harper to remind me to clean them with bleach whenever I get out of this hell hole. "I'll leave you to get dressed okay beautiful?" He leaves the room and I throw the clothes on that he laid out for me. On our way there he starts talking about what he does. "I train rougues, we are training to start a war up against that mutt and his pack, with my pack and the rougues we will be unstoppable." "Blake, he's planning a war on your pack!" I mind link him and he responds almost immediately. "I know where you guys are, I'm on my way now I should be there in about two days time, God I miss you so much." Jake goes on and on, but I'm not listening. I'm thinking about my mates voice, I'm thinking about how I never got to propose to him. "As soon as we get home Harper. It will be perfect." I smile and stop thinking about it so Jake doesn't figure out what's up. We walk into the training room and Jake tells me that he wants me to meet someone. "Skylar this is John, one of my trainees." I stop dead in my tracks, it's Blake's Beta John. "Pack your things, I'm taking you to Blake." John mind links me. "Um Alpha Jake, may I talk to you in private?" Jake nods and I walk away towards our room. That's when all he'll breaks loose. I don't know who throws the first punch but everyone was fighting. Soon the windows were broken and dozens of wolves pulled in. It's Blake's pack that must mean- "BLAKE?" I scream for him. He told me it was gonna be two days. "I wanted to surprise you." I hear a voice say. I whip my head around and throw myself into Blake's arms. "As much as I want to kiss you until your lips are numb we have wolves to kill." He says. I smile and shift before attacking a smaller wolf on my left who's back was facing me. Ripping his neck out and killing him instantly. Then someone pounces. We toss and turn before I finally pin the person, I'm ready to kill but when I look down its Jake. I look into his eyes and see the same little boy who protected me back then, the same little boy who said he was going to be the best Alpha in the world one day. I knew that I couldn't kill him. I bit his hind legs, hard making it impossible for him to escape and got some guards to take him in for questioning. That's when I feel it, a sharp blinding pain through my hip, I look down and nothings wrong with me, then I realize, Blake's hurt and badly. "YOUR ALPHA HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN!" I hear John scream. Instantly everyone surrenders. I guess they are nothing without their big bad Alpha. I look over and see Blake in human form. I shift and run over to him. "Blake please be okay please answer me." He lays on the ground motionless. "GET HIM TO THE HEALERS NOW!" I scream at nobody. Three people come over and lift him onto a gurney. "Blake please." I beg. I close my eyes and the tears start to fall. He can't die, not for me, not for this! Then I feel as I'm being scooped up into someone's arms. At first I think Jake so I instinctively throw my elbow into his gut. When I turn around I notice it's just John. "You give a hard punch." He jokes before scooping me up again. I curl up into his arms and fall into a light dreamless sleep.

Blake's POV
White, that's all I see. Pictures flash through my mind, like memories. First it's me as a kid, I'm playing baseball with a little plastic bat and ball. Then it's my high school prom, I went with Jenny, she was very beautiful but not as beautiful as-there she is. Skylar pops right into my mind. The first memory is when we had the shaving creme fight. It shows all of them until the day I marked her. Then a white blinding light starts to come towards me. "NO!" I yell but noting happens. "NO I CAN'T LEAVE HER!" I cry tears streaming down my face. "I can't leave her." I whisper. Then I feel something, I feel sheets, like bedsheets surrounding me. Then I hear the most angelic voice in the world, "Blake?"

Tiny cliff hanger yes I know. Just to let you know this is no where near the end of the story, the book will most likely be around 30 chapters or so. But don't worry exciting things are go8mg to be happening very very soon!