4

Blake's POV
I have a hard time finishing my work when I can't get Skylar out of my head. Her smile, her laugh, the way her eyes light up when you mention her favorite candy which happens to be m&ms. "Alpha, three rougues have been spotted on our territory it's your call." John mind links me. "Alpha they are getting very close to Skylar and Alex." I can hear the tension in his voice. "Kill them." I order. "Don't let a single one get away!" I then rush back over to my desk and grab my phone and call Alex. "Hey Blake we are just heading back- "Turn around now!" I order interrupting what she was about to say. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Is everything okay?" I can here my mate say. I hear her worried voice in my head. "TURN AROUND NOW I'LL EXPLANE LATER!" I yell. I hear the car make a sharp turn and I hang up. Praying that everything is okay.

Skylars POV
I instantly get worried as we make a sharp turn and head back towards the mall. "What's happened is everything okay?" I ask Alex. "I don't know." She tells me. Even though she trys to hide it is can tell she's scared. That's when a wolf runs out in the middle of the road and we slam on the breaks. The wolf smells, bad. Wait a second, I know that smell. "Skylar, what's wrong?" Alex asks. The wolf shifts and I almost faint. The wolf shifts and I know exactly who it is. The wolf is Jake. I get out of the car and rush into his arms. "Its okay Angel, I'm here." He whispers. "I thought y-you were de-dead." I sob. I almost forget that Alex is in the car. "Alex this is my best friend I was talking to you about this is Jak- "Skylar get away from him." Alex tells me. I give her a confused look. "Why?" I say. "Hes a rougue." I look back up at him. His smell, the way he looks. "Ho-how could you?" I stutter. "Skylar please I can explain." He gives me pleading eyes. "Explain what? How you became the people that killed our pack? That you became the people that killed our family?" I tell him. I start slowly backing away from him. "Angel just please come with me." He begs and I laugh. "You seriously think I'm going to come with you? Your not my best friend, your the monster that he's become." He let's out a low growl and I flinch. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." He tells me and I gulp. I don't move a muscle and that was my mistake. Soon I am slammed into the car. "I HAVE LOOKED FOR YOU WAY TO LONG FOR YOU TO NOT COME WITH ME!" He screams. I didn't notice but Alex ends up shifting and pouncing on him. She gets a good scratch on his back but he throws her off easily. "BLAKE!" I scream knowing he can't hear me but doing it anyway. He sniffs the air of a moment. "You have a mate?" He growls. Silent tears run down my face. "Ye-yes." I stutter nervously. He throws me off the car and onto the ground. "Until next time my love." He tells me and shifts and takes off running into the forest. I rush over to Alex, ignoring the constant pounding in my head from being slammed up against the car. She let's out a loan and I turn her around so she's laying on her back. I can tell some of her ribs are broken and maybe even a broken leg. I gently search her pockets and pull out her phone. I don't even know how to use these things. I swipe of the screen and find a green icon with a white phone on it. When I press it I find Blake's name. I press on that and it starts to ring. He picks up on the first ring. "Blake Blake help." I tell him. "Skylar what's wrong?" He asks. "Jake attacked Alex, she can't move." "I'll be there soon I love you and don't move an inch." I hang up the phone and turn my attention back to Alex. I grab her hand and squeeze it. "Alex if you can hear me squeeze my hand as hard as you can." She squeezes but I can barely feel it. "Please stay with me, your like a sister I never had." I tell her. Blake pulls up in his black ferrari and loads me into the car while John picks up Alex and lays her down in the back seat of her car she calls a bug. "What's happened princess?" Blake asks once we get on the road. I retell the story of what had just happened. "Did he hurt you?" He growls. "No." I lie. "Don't lie I know he did something to you." I think about telling him the truth. "He slammed me up against the car, but I'm fine." "You shouldn't have told him that, now he might kill Jake!" Harper tells me. Even though he's changed, I don't want him to die. I know somewhere deep down, my Jake is still there. I will do anything to get him back.