6

When I walk into the hospital to see Alex I almost think I walked into the wrong room. The girl laying in the hospital bed is pale,she has a ton of wires surrounding her and has her stomach wrapped in a splint. "Sky-." She cuts off. Like she can't finish what she was going to say. "I'm here Alex." I rush over to her bedside and grab her hand. Her short blonde hair is messy and knotted. She smiles when I grab her hand. "I heard you." She whispers. I shoot her a confused look, even though her eyes aren't open. "When?" I ask. "You begged me to stay with you." She told me. "Well of course, your an amazing friend." I tell her. I spend the rest of the day in the hospital with Alex. She ends up perking up around 4 o'clock so we watch a movie and she let's me play with her hair. "Thanks it was getting so annoying all messy like that." She tells me after I finish. That's when Blake walks into the room. "Skylar I need to talk to you." I get really worried but do good at hiding it. We walk outside of Alex's room and stop in the middle of the highway. "Well you see, the pack wants to meet their Luna." I take in a sharp breath. I've only seen the pack once, and that was when Jake attacked me and Alex. I don't know if I'm ready to meet them all. "I-I don't know." I tell him. "That's okay, I would never force you to do something you didn't want to do." He leans down and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "OMG HE IS SO HOT!" Harper squeals. "I know right." I agree. I'm suddenly very happy that he can't read my mind. We say our goodbyes to Alex and walk out to the car. "Stop." Blake tells me. I stop dead in my tracks. I sniff the air and my heart drops in my chest. "Blake?" I ask. "Get in the car." He tells me sternly. I get in the car and put my seat belt on. Not even a second later I hear a boom. Like someone dropping to the floor. "Mate needs help!" Harper shrieks. In that moment somthing runs through me. Like water flowing in a creek rage fills me up inside. That's when I get out of the car. The first man I see is tall but not as tall as blake. The second man I see is shorter but not as short as me. Blake is laying on the ground while the guys through punches at him repeatedly. "GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I growl. Without warning I shift and pounce on the first man. I send him flying backwards before I take a bite of his neck, killing him instantly. I step back realizing what I had done. Then the second man pounces on stop of me, biting into my back but nothing fatal. At first I'm weak, not knowing what to do. Then I think of Blake, on the floor battered and bruised. Because of them. I easily get out from under him and bite his neck as well. He ends up escaping and running off. I shift back and rush back over to Blake. He has a black eye and a busted lip but it doesn't look fatal. "Princess?" He asks. He gets up instantly. He looks around at the body laying in the floor. "You did that?" He asks. I nod sheepishly. "They were hurting you." I tell him. He smiles down at me. "Well shit." He walks me over to the passenger side and buckles me in. "I guess my princess has a warrior side."

Blake's POV
My original plan was to lay there and play dead until they left. I didn't want to risk Skylar being seen. I guess the bond is getting stronger. When I saw what she did I was shocked. I thought she was all sugar and everything nice like flowers and unicorns. But I guess she has a deadly side. I mean most guys do when they find out their mate is in trouble but it's not like that with girls. I look over at her and she's looking down at the ground smiling and blushing like a mad man. Well mad woman. "Your so beautiful." I tell her. Now she's about as red as a tomatoe. Which makes me smile even more. We pull into our house, I like saying that, "our house". Skylar gets out of the car and u follow her inside. "Are you hungry?" I ask her and she nods. "How about some cookies?" "I haven't had cookies in forever!" She says excitingly. I grab the package of Oreos and pour us both a glass of milk. I sit down next to her on the couch. "What movie do you want to watch?" I ask her. "Let's watch a sexy movie!" Jasper tells me. I scold him for it. "THE LITTLE MERMAID!" She screams. I laugh and put the disk in the DVD player and Skylar snuggles up next to me. We watch the movie in silence until we get into the part where Ursula is introduced and that's where I go crazy. "REALLY URSULA! WHY? NO ARIEL DON'T GIVE HER YOUR VOICE!" I look over at Skylar laughing at me. "What's so funny?" I ask not taking my eyes off the screen. "Your really into this movie." She laughs again. That's when I turn my attention away from the movie. Her smile and laugh could make a fat kid turn away from a chocolate fountain. That was a weird way of describing it but it works. We watch the movie, talking every once in awhile but mostly it's just me screaming at the screen. When the movie is over I look over to see Skylar sound asleep. I quickly go over and grab my phone and take a picture of her sleeping. Then I post it on Instagram with the caption of "My beautiful princess." I put my phone down and scoop her up in to my arms and carry her up the stairs. I lay her down in bed and head towards the door. "Blake?" She questions and I whip my head around. "Stay?" She asks me. I walk over to her and lay down next to her, she rolls over and I wrap my arms around her. "Always."

OMGEEEEEE *SQUEALS* I hope you guys are liking the book. Please leave me some feedback of what you like and don't like. I'm just saying yall better be ready for the next few chapters, a lot is going to happen. I also have found a song that reminds me of this book. The song is called a thousand years by Christina Perry. If you guys have heard of the song comment what you think about my choice if not you should listen to it cause it's awesome!