Epilogue

I wake up wrapped in silken sheets, warmth radiating between them. I feel Adrian's arm slung around my waist, and I roll so that I'm facing my husband. I dance my fingers up his muscular arms and up his neck, before they rest on his cheek. I brush them lightly over his lips before he stirs.

"Good morning, Aidy," I say quietly. He smiles sleepily, brushing his blonde hair out of his face and pulls me closer to him.

"Well, hello, my darling." His voice is husky and deep, smothered by sleepiness. He kisses me softly.

"Mama!"
Adrian and I break apart reluctantly as we hear the pounding of little feet. I can't help smiling, though it's much too early to be jumped on. The doorknob twists open, and I see our children peek their heads around the corner.

Four and a half years ago, Adrian and I had welcomed our twins to the royal world. Two sons. When Adrian found out I was pregnant with twins, he was even more ecstatic (he cried). I think it reminded him of Madylyn and Elodie. The boys were born healthy and beautiful. Mady was there the day of the birth, and so were my siblings and parents. Mady had to leave the room, and Juliet trailed her to comfort her. To this day I don't know what happened, but I suspect it had something to do with Mady missing Elodie. The boys were named Easton Beckham Braxton and Wyatt Alexander Braxton. Easton was born three minutes before Wyatt. He is our heir.

Two years after the twins were born, Adrian and I welcomed our daughter to the world. The boys were precious with her, and adored being big brothers. They still do. She was christened Lila Elodie Braxton. She is our baby – and a total daddy's girl.

Lila grins when she sees us. Easton and Wyatt's little faces lights up as well. They exchange one mischievous glance and bolt over to us, struggling to hop up onto the massive bed in Adrian's suite. The boys help to pull Lila up, all three of them overflowing with giggles. Once they make it to the top, they decide to jump on us, which is a daily occurrence.

"Mama, can we have tarts and jelly for breakfast?" Easton asks sweetly, turning his r's into w's. He has inherited my love for palace food, but definitely possesses his Aunt Juli's charismatic and adorable personality.   

I glance at Adrian, who has Lila tucked in his arms, tickling under her chin. He smiles at me.

"I don't see why not," I tell my curly-haired boy. He grins. 
"Good, 'cause Miss Violet said they made a brand new batch of 'em!"

When Adrian became king, we placed Violet as head of kitchen, earning her a desirable job – and paycheck. She fell in love with a guard – Guard Ian, who excelled at his job. He was close friends with Mady. Violet and Ian's daughter, Everly, was close friends with Lila and Wyatt, but fought daily with Easton.

"Well, let's get you three ready for the day, then we can head down to the dining room." I tell the kids, who nod accordingly.

"Daddy, Wy-Wy, Easty, out please. Mama and I need to get ready." Lila commands bossily. She will make wonderful royalty when she is older.
Adrian scoops the twins up into his arms, making my little boys giggle. Wyatt waves to me.

"Bye-bye, Mama," he laughs.

"We'll see you two beautiful ladies at breakfast," Adrian winks at me.

Once they leave, I look at Lila. She has inherited a combination of mine and Adrian's feature: thick, luscious black curls; skin a warm tan - the complexion matching mine and Adrian's; and Adrian's soft hazel eyes. She is stunning.

"What should we do now?" I ask her.

"Well, I think we need Miss Gracie and Miss Alice and Miss Sarah's help," she suggests.