Chapter 3: A Celebrity on Oahu?

Previously on On Cloud 9 In Hawaii:

"Can I get a picture with you?" She asked, fumbling with her iPhone after recovering from her shock.

I had to say yes.

I didn't have it in me to deny her of a picture even though I so badly wished I could have, because I had no idea whether news about a fan seeing me on an airplane disguised, was something that I would end up seeing once I've landed on Oahu.

So all I could do throughout the rest of this entire 5 hour flight was hope that she wouldn't say a word about this encounter...

❁❁❁

Skylar Radford

"Oh my god! Did you hear about what happened to Noah Williams?!" I heard a girl screech behind me as I cleaned up a customers table.

"No Julie, I didn't." a girl with a lower voice said and sighed, seeming as if she could not have cared less about who this guy.

"He just came back from his world tour and apparently he was seen walking out of his flat really angry." the girl whispered but loud enough for me to hear. "I wonder what made him mad."

"Stop talking about him, Julie and eat your food. You haven't even touched your food yet."

"The food just arrived!" the girl said with a huff. After that, they resumed back to talking about how the shrimp here was really good. Turning around with the tray of dishes after cleaning the table up, I noticed that the two girls I heard were my age. I wasn't surprised, however. Every teenage girl knew who Noah Williams was. He was in the boyband, The Messengers and apparently, the rest of his band and him just got off tour. I, however, am not really one to keep up on all this news with the famous rockstar. No, I didn't despise him. I just... didn't really care, if I had to be honest. I mean, he was just a regular person like everyone else.

"Hey, Rob!" I greeted Rob when I entered the kitchen. If you haven't figured it out yet, I work in a restaurant as a waitress. I need the extra cash because those bikinis I want and gas I really need aren't going to buy themselves. Rob is the owner and chief here. "I'm heading out, now. I have to pick up my brother from the airport. I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Don't forget your shift next week!"

"Alright, alright!" Then with that, I clocked out, got into my truck and drove to the airport.

❁❁❁

"Where is this guy?" I mumbled, looking towards the airport doors. I arrived 30 minutes ago and have long since parked my truck off on the side. I swear, if he made me wait this long and didn't bring me back something from Vancouver, I'm leaving his a$$ here. He could catch a taxi home for all I care.

As I scanned the sidewalk again, I couldn't help but notice someone who looked oddly familiar as they walked through the double sliding doors and outside of the airport.

No, it wasn't my brother.

My brother had brown hair and a tan complexion. This person had brown hair and wasn't really as tan as my dear brother. My brother would also definitely not wear a hoodie and beanie upon his arrival back to the state. It was too hot for a hoodie and beanie. The vaguely familiar guy was scanning the area like I had just done a couple seconds ago until his eyes met mine.

Forest green.

I've never really liked the color green because it reminded me of the Loch Ness monster. "The Loch Ness monster isn't even scary", yeah well when you're a 6 year old girl with an older brother who's 8 years older and are visiting the lake the water creature was supposedly seen, they're bound to take an advantage and spook you. I've been scarred since.