Chapter 5: The Ultimate Dream House

Previously on "On Cloud 9 In Hawaii":

What made Noah Williams suddenly fly 6,000 miles to a small island in the middle of the pacific?

Why didn't he want to be recognized? Surely, being a celebrity, he'd be use to it? What was so different about being photographed this time around?

Why didn't he have a ride to his house?

And most importantly, what cologne is he wearing? Because lord almighty jesus, he smelt hella good.

❁❁❁

Skylar Radford

The ride was filled with Mark's and Noah's voices talking about topics from sports to the presidential nominees to the horrible traffic we have here.  Right now, they were talking about what it was like constantly having to travel with his recent tour that has now come to an end. My eyes drifted to the side mirror of the car, admiring Noah's reflection as he spoke to my brother. 

With the scruff on his prominent jaw, forest green eyes, and brown mop of curls on his head, there were no doubt that he was attractive. Right then, Noah laughed at something Mark said and his dimples made an appearance. My stomach was immediately filled with butterflies and my heart galloped. Noah must've felt me staring because he then caught my eye. Oh damn it, Skylar! Abort mission! Abort mission! I quickly averted my gaze to the window on my right and watched as the trees disappeared as we entered a tunnel. I inwardly sighed, closing my eyes as I tried to get my heart to slow down. This is going to be a long ride.

"Alright!" Mark exclaims loudly, pulling me out of my slumber. He turns the jeep off and puts the breaks on the Jeep. "We're here!" Mark looks back at me from the drivers seat and lets out a chuckle. "You have drool on you, Skylar." 

I gasped as I turned my head away from Mark and out the window. I have drool on me?! My hands immediately went to my mouth, feeling the dried up drool. No, no, no, no, no, no. What if Noah sees?! My eyes flew to the side mirrors of the car and yup, you guessed it. His eyes were locked on mine. I didn't think it was possible for my face to get anymore hotter than it already was but since the temperature in the jeep was rapidly increasing, I was told otherwise. I scrambled out of the jeep wanting to get far away from Noah as possible and wash this drool off.

Lifting my eyes off the road, I came face to face with a black wooden gate. with surrounding palm trees so that no wandering eyes were able to see the property. The only thing that can be seen over the gate was a bit of the upper half of the house and even with just seeing that, it was obvious that the rest of the house and property was much more impressive.

"Uh.. Mark?" I said glancing back at my brother in the jeep, scratching my head. "I know that you've been gone for.... quite a while, but this isn't our house." My gaze drifted back over to the house. We were on our street, alright. But this house we were currently in front of was most definitely not ours. Our house was wooden brown, with a front wooden gate, and although it was surrounded by palm trees, it wasn't this house. I heard two car doors slam and felt a presence behind me.

"That's because it's my house... Skylar was it?" I heard Noah say. 

"Uh... yeah. Wait, so you're saying this is yours?" I questioned.

"No, I'm saying it's my sisters, best friend, cousin, dog-walker, brother-inlaw, brother's house." Noah replied back. His words practically dripped with sarcasm and he must've been grinning. I turned my body towards him as I put my hands on my hips. Yup, he was smiling. My eyes zeroed in on his dimples.