5. Deservance

(Okay we're up to 25 reads! Thanks guys! I'm sure most of it is just Jenna cackling and constantly refreshing her browser, but I appreciate it! Also, don't be afraid to comment about what you think!)

Mitch's POV

.:.:.:.:..

Jerome had been pretty normal while we were hanging out and watching 'The Corpse Bride', but around tenish, he had started acting odd. Maybe I'm just paranoid. After a heated argument, which he won, I grabbed some pyjamas out of my bag. I decided to go brush my teeth, and hearing water running in the bathroom, opened the door, figuring it wasn't a big deal.

"What the- JEROME? What are you doing?", I screamed, seeing blood and a razor.

"I-um-Mitch, there's a very logical explanation.", Jerome stammered. I walked over and grabbed the razor, pocketing it. I grabbed Jerome's non-bloody wrist and led him to the couch, getting medical supplies as I did so.

"Jerome, I don't understand why you'd even think of self-harming. Jerome, I really need an explanation. I want to know everything. Starting with why you've been so... cold as of late.", I said, with tears in my eyes. I pressed a bandage to each gash, trying to stop the blood flow. Why was there so much of it? My white shirt was stained crimson.

"I don't want to talk about it Mitch. Stop helping me.", Jerome sobbed,"I don't deserve this!". I looked at him sharply.

"What do you mean you "Don't deserve this", you deserve everything!", I said, wondering why Jerome was having self-worth issues. Jerome seemed to ignore my declaration.

"I don't deserve help. I don't deserve anything! It's my fault. All my fault.", he sobbed, his head buried in his hands. What was he blaming himself for?

"Jerome? You need to calm down, Jer.", I said, trying to get him to do as I asked. Still he kept sobbing. I moved his hands away, and held them with one hand.

"Jerome, I need you to know that I don't care how much you think you don't deserve this. I am going to be here for you, because it's obvious you need someone right now.", I said quietly. I sighed.

"Jerome, I-I love y-you too much to let anything happen to you.", I continued. I did the only thing that felt natural at that point. I kissed him.