Chapter 6: Arguments

A few days later...

"I'm not having extra protection, your highness! I don't need it! I'm just a mate!" I exclaim.

He growls. "One, call me Xavier, we are mates. Second, you do need it; we are at war with the Weres, and we could be intruded at any moment. And third, you are not a maid! You will be Queen of the Vampires and be by my side! Not wiping the floor or dusting cobwebs! "

I glare at him and tap my foot on the floor, a trick used on my father when I wanted my way. I used it alot.

He doesn't lower his gaze when he sees my glare, only narrows his eyes and glares at me back. He must be really serious about my safety if he isn't looking away like he usually does.

He walks over to me so that our chests are touching, lowers his head; looks me deeply in the eyes and whispers to me roughly,

"You are mine, and I will look after you, or someone else will. So either you accompany me to all the boring meetings I have to go to, or you have a few guards that follow you around but respect your personal space. Choose."

I can't help but feel how close we are to each other, how strong his chest feels and how he licks his plump bottom lip. I know I'm staring at his mouth and it's obvious because he groans slightly and presses his lips against mine.

I gasp at how soft his lips feel and he plunges his tongue into my mouth so that they dance with each other.

I grip his shoulders tightly and hold on, because if I don't my legs will collapse from underneath me.

He wraps one arm around my waist tightly and strokes my cheek lightly with his other hand as our tongues twirl together.

Someone clears their throat and Xavier growls threateningly at them, while pushing me behind him so he can protect me from the 'threat'.

The servant pales at Xavier's expression and stutters out, "M-my l-lor-d... t-the k-king requests y-yours and the l - lady's p - presence in the throne r-room." And then scurries off to escape the glare of Xavier.

The King really creeps me out; he's always staring at me with his cold blue eyes, it's really creepy.

Sorry this is short, what do people want to happen soon or in the next chapter? I have a few ideas but I need a few filler chapters. Thanks for reading!!