Chapter 16: Changes

I wake up to suddenly hear screams and shouts from some of the other villagers.

I race down stairs, thankful I was too tired to change into my nightgown, and throw open the door to see Xavier's men throwing items such as jewellery and books onto huge carts and fires.

I hear a scream and see Ellie struggling against some guards who are holding her walking stick that she needs because she us blind. I see another holding Prince (her dog that helps her walk around) and I rush over there to protect my friend.

"Let go of her!" I scream and pull Prince out of the guards arms.

They turn around with hard eyes but they soon widen with recognition before bowing and kneeling before me.

"Your highness! I'm terribly sorry for the mistake, but the King has ordered for all belongings that aren't necessary to be burnt or brought into the castle if they are valuable." One says over the screams of my people.

"I dont care! I am his mate and I order you to stop and leave the villages alone!" I shout and all movement and sounds stop.

I turn around to see the guards kneeling in front of me and the villagers staring at me silently.

"Sophia!"

I spin around to see Sebastian, Phillip and Leonardo running towards me with their Vampire speed.

They stop just in front of me and Sebastian says, "Sophia! You have to return to the castle! It's urgent, Xavier is dying!"

Sorry for the short chapter,two or three chapters left!

Please vote! Xxx