Chapter 15: Xavier

Xavier's POV:

The world is spinning uncontrollably. The walls fold in on themselves and I can feel no floor beneath my feet.

She left me.

She left me because I am a terrible mate. I couldn't protect my father and I can't protect her. Maybe it's best that she goes, so she will be safe and not murdered like my father or Leonardo's mate.

I stare around at the empty wine glasses and beer goblets lying all over the floor. This is what I have become. A mateless alcoholic. Pathetic. I am a pathetic excuse for a Vampire. I need to be harder, more controlling so that other supernatural beings do not dare      disturb me or my castle. After all, I am the King. And my word is final. Sophia left me. I have no reason to live anymore. My heart hurts. It hurts unbearably. This is my fault. I do not deserve to live. I do not deserve to be King. And I definitely do not deserve Sophia.

My brothers burst into the room and I chuckle coldly at them.

"What do you want? I'm busy." I scowl at them.

"We want our brother back!" Phillip shouts.

"We want you to get out of your pit of self despair and get your mate back!" Sebastian hisses.

Leonardo stays silent for a few seconds, and then states quietly, "If u still had my mate I would never let her go."

We all stare at him. It's been years since he's talked about Evie, the pain was too much, too fresh.

I scowl and harden my eyes.

"No,  I am the King now. I do not take orders from anyone, perhaps Sophia but she has left me. Because I am too weak. She needed a stronger mate and I wasn't what she wanted, so I need to be harder with everyone so they don't leave me too. Order the guards to raid the villages for any unnecessary items. Let them have food water and clothes but anything else is unauthorised. They need to understand that I am not a weak King that could be overthrown. I am strong and they shall see me that way." I say firmly.

My brothers stare at me in shock before shouting profanities at me.

"You can't do that to the villagers! They have stayed loyal to you for years!"

"They have done nothing to deserve this!"

"I can't believe you are doing this to the humans that we are supposed to protect! We need to help them not takes away their belongings!"

"Enough!" I roared.

My eyes were a pitch black and I could feel my fangs digging into my bottom lip and causing blood to spill down to my chin before dripping onto the floor.

"I am the King! You will serve me or I will banish you!" I shout.

They bare their necks at me in submission and I calm down slightly, their submission pleasing my inner monster.

I hope you enjoyed! Sorry for the short chapter but I feel that we needed Xavier's POV. Especially since it will play a big part in the next chapter!

Thankyou so much for your support! Over six hundred views! And #188 in paranormal! I love you guys thankyou so much!

Will post soon! Xxx