The interview

You walked into the office the next day thinking it would be a lovely place to work seeing as how all the ladies operating the phones in the front were so kind. But much to your surprise when you walked in you heard yelling and quickly realized that one of the voices was peggy. "jack, you can't possible believe i would recommend a bad agent!" she yelled. "well you recommended yourself didn't you?! You may not be a bad agent, but you can be a real pain in the ass!" the other voice yelled back. You walked into the doorway of the chief's office and gently knocked. Peggy and the man that the voice belonged to stopped yelling and looked over at you. "Sorry to interrupt, hi I'm (y/f/n)" you said quietly. Peggy started walking out of the room and said "Hey (y/n)! Good luck on your interview!" She then closed the door behind her. You heard the chief say "carter" under his breath angrily before he walked over to you and said "hi, I'm jack Thompson, I'm the chief here!". He shook your hand and told you to have a seat across from his desk. He talked to you for a few minutes and he was acting very full of himself and he even called out the door for another agent to bring him coffee. His questions were pretty basic and he didn't really know what to ask you, but it worked out cause you got the job. You showed you to a desk and set a stack of files on top of it for you to start on. You got them done fairly quickly and went to the file room to put them away but you were being watched the whole time by a whole bunch of agents who did not take kindly to working with another woman. You were apparently the second to ever work at the S.S.R.. The first being Peggy.