That damn dress

You and Peggy were back at her place and she was getting you ready for the banquet. She was powdering you and debriefing. When she finished she lead you to her closet and she started to unzip a dress bag that was hung front and center off one if the hooks by the mirror. She moved to the side to reveal the most elegant, classy and sexy dress you had ever seen. She said that Howard picked it out for you and she thought you would look lovely in it. It was a stunning deep red, it was fitted in the torso and showed off your curves perfectly. The dress was mostly sleeveless excluding the draped looking fabric that went around your shoulders.

You thought it might be a little much, but peg said you needed to look like belonged with all the high classbusinessmen and their spoiled wives

businessmen and their spoiled wives. She then went on ranting about how she despised that kind of living and lack of self worth and pulled out a pair of strapy black heels to finish off the look.

You reluctantly put on the ridiculously expensive outfit and walked out into the living room to meet up with the others so they could prep you and jack

You reluctantly put on the ridiculously expensive outfit and walked out into the living room to meet up with the others so they could prep you and jack. Everyone was there but jack, he was outside by the car with Jarvis packing up all the necessary tools and equipment for the mission. Peggy gave you a thigh holster to his your gun and she sent you outside because apparently you and jack were to be early to scope out the location first. On your way out you bumped into Jarvis who was walking into the house and he complimented you with an enthusiastic smile. You walked outside and jack had his head leaned into the car. "Jack I'm ready when you are" you called. "Ok (y/n) I'm just making sure we are 100 percent-" he started before he turned around and looked at you. "Woah" he said under his breath. "You look gorgeous!......." He was wide eyed and stunned as he said it. He cleaned red his throat embarrassed and went to turn back to what he was doing but bumped his head right into the car above the doorway. You quickly rushed over to him to make sure he was okay and you went to touch the spot where he was hit to check if it was going to bruise. But you ended up bumping right into his chest when he quickly turned back to you and the tow of you were in quite an "intimate" position. You still had your hand on his head and he grabbed your waist out of reflex when you fell and your bodies were pushed together. He looked at you speechless for a moment before helping you back onto you own feet and stepping back. The moment couldn't have been more awkward and the strange foreign tension the two of you shared was uncanny. You knew this night could be the longest, yet most interesting night of your life. Ugh, you kind of guessed it would be when you saw that damn dress.