Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It's been two week since the whole ball and Christian drama. I've agreed to move in with him after a long debate on how crazy his plan was. Xander needed him in his life not me. Here I am though,moving into Christian's home.  He wanted Xander to live with him and I was not about to give up my son. I would do anything for Xander even if it meant living with Christian.

I've prepared myself though. I was not going to be a victim of my traitorous heart.

The past week I spent making myself anti-Christian. He shall harbour no thoughts in my mind or no place in my heart where it pertains to love. Erik came back and he helped me with the move although he wasn't too happy with me moving in with my ex-husband.

My son spent time with my parents as I still wasn't ready for them to meet. The minute I introduce Erik to Xander I know things between us would be really serious and I wasn't ready. Christian was landing later in the evening but he had left a key for me.

My room, as well as Xander's, was finished being set up. I was exhausted. I plopped down on my king size bed next to Erik who was with me all morning. He really was great.

"Thank you. I couldn't have done all this without you." I said as he pulled me closer to him.

"No need to thank me. I would've done it in a heartbeat." I rose to my elbows and kissed him softly. He had another idea but I wasn't planning on going there. It would be rude to do such acts in Christian's home. With that thought, I pulled away from him and fixed my shirt.

"I'm really hungry." He gave me that smirk that was very suggestive. Oh heavens. "Nope. Not happening. I need food and you are going to take me out and buy me some." That should clear things up. He gave me that look and I just kissed his cheek before leaving the bed.

"You are an evil little tease. I'm going to need a really cold shower." He muttered so low but I caught it and I couldn't help but laugh.

We've been together for two months. I knew how he was and I was surprised when he made it a whole month without sex. I remember the day we met. His little player charms weren't working on me. He was persistent none the less and when I finally said yes to a date. I was certain he was going to explode.

He wasn't what I expected and I slowly found myself liking him. I liked him a lot but I once saw what love is and I knew for sure that I didn't love him. But I'm pretty sure love comes around more than once, hopefully. So there might be hope for Erik and I if we manage to last.

"I want to see you in pain for a while. So you are taking me to lunch." I smiled at him and he just groaned but agreed. He was too funny. A great friend he would've been. But can you be friends with a man that you've been intimate with for a whole month now?

He took my hands in his and lead me out of Christian's penthouse. It felt good leaving that apartment. Christian was just imprinted everywhere. The modern apartment was his style and the penthouse screamed it, but it was nice and inviting. Not too manly and dull.

It was cozy for a huge space with all the earth tones. I liked the fact that he took my thoughts into consideration when he bought a new place. He sold his old apartment as there weren't enough rooms. Plus, I didn't want to be in an apartment where he may have entertained his women.

Finally reaching the lobby we walked briskly out into the cool New York air. I love the pre-fall weather of Summer. You know, when the Summer is coming to a close and the weather is slowly getting cooler. It is truly amazing. Erik opened the door of his Porsche for me. Always the gentleman. Once in he locked the door and walked over to the driver's side and got in.