Chapter 20

Hello! I deserve to be yelled at. I haven't updated in forever and I am truly sorry! Here is Chapter 20 hope you like it.

Birthdays are supposed to be fun.

With that being said my day was not going in that direction. I have an itinerary.

That's right, my birthday was on a timed schedule.

It even had scheduled bathroom breaks!? How does my family even put a timing on that? Seriously, I'd like to know. 

After Christian and I went back to the family room I'd been ordered to get my things because we were going out. Uh... Do they understand that I haven't eaten yet? Or do they simply not care?

It clearly didn't matter because I was already being led to a car. Sandwiched between my sister and my mother. My dad, Christian and Xander had opted for a car of their own so the ladies could spend some "quality time" together.

That could only mean my ears were in for a bit of torture. The men were so kind to skip out on my torture. I will get back at them for this.

My mother and my sister together were Christina and Meredith. You know the name Owen called them in Grey's Anatomy "The twisted sisters." That perfectly described my mom and sis. My sister being the fashion guru and my mom being over the top extravagant only equated to a painful day.

I was the simple one of the family and apparently it meant that I get to experience all the extremes. Lucky me.

The car stopped and I looked out the window. We were no longer in the city and that I'm quite certain of. The well manicured lawn of the golf court signified that we were at the country club. In retrospect, I felt calm. I mean what's the worst that can happen at a country club in the fall?

The country club was like any other. You could see the men in their golfing gear sitting at a table by the window rambling about their nine irons, business and simply making fun of each other's worst shots of the day. On the other hand you have the all american family dressed in matching sporting gears eating breakfast after a gruelling game of morning tennis. Let's not forget about the teenagers who wish they were anywhere else. That was the group I would classify best with, if age was not a determining factor. I didn't want to be here. Country clubs were depressing, their music was depressing and it was so perfect that it was depressing.

We took a seat by the floor to ceiling windows that gave a good view of the golf course and the lake. It was truly scenic and a sight to see. The lawns were that bright green you'd think existed only in the movies. All the features of the country club complemented each other. There was not a tree or blade of grass out of place. The view did not go unnoticed by Xander and you know what happens when kids see open areas. To him it had turned into an automatic playground.

I was settled in between my sister and Christian at the table. My parents had Xander secured between them. The conversation was going smoothly. There weren't any topics brought up that needed censoring. I'm pretty sure it's because of the tiny human at the table.

Tiny human? I need to stop watching Grey's Anatomy. I mean I'm always busy but I find the time to re-watch the entire thing. Let's talk about Avery. That guy is just... I can't even describe him. Seriously, those eyes and his smile could possibly make a woman say yes to anything.