Chapter 26

Chapter 26 because I Love You! I Love You! Listen to the song embedded in the chapter. I'm seriously in love with the song at the moment and I felt it was good background for this chapter.
Happy Reading!
***

We entered the ballroom, which was buzzing with laughter, conversations and music. Everyone seemed to be getting along well. I was not sure how our combined families and friends would mix with each other, but the looks of it eased my worries. A group of Christian's friends walked over, in the midst me telling him he was a tease.

I have only met Christian's friends from college, but no one from his other life. So you will understand when I say, I have no idea who these people are and I feel the awkward level rise as they pulled me in for a hug.

"Hello, I'm Vanessa but you all can call me Nessa. It's nice to meet Christian's friends." You're probably wondering how comes I'm just meeting them, we were once married. For one, his family did not know that my family was rich, so the fact that I have never met his friends should not be too shocking. Back then things were really complicated, and Christian worked a lot. When he was not working his time was split between his mother and I. Looking at where we are now, you can tell who monopolized his time.

What about the parties? Why didn't I meet his friends then? To be honest our marriage was running its course and his mother was not accepting. I did not want to spend the night with his mom constantly judging me and introducing him to other girls while I was standing right next to him. It was embarrassing not having his mother's blessing or at least her respect or acknowledgement for our marriage. It was better to stay home and watch Netflix than to be on edge all night at a party. I'm sure his friends were there and they seem really nice, but I'd rather be comfortable and his mother would not let that happen. Our marriage went south and so there was no more reason to meet them.

"Hey I'm Alexis but everyone calls me Lexi." I liked her, she was different in a way but I can't put my finger on it.

"I'm Chace, Lexi's husband and one of Christian's closest friend since pre-school." He was pretty cool and really handsome, the way he looked at his wife, no one can mistake it for anything but love. I looked over at Christian in my peripheral vision for a split second, wondering if that could be us one day.

There were others but they went off to talk to the other guests. Christian and Chace left to speak business with Christian's father. Lexi and I were the only one's left.

"You guys look at each other with so much love. If you don't mind me asking, how did you two meet?" She gave me a smile before pulling me towards the balcony.

"It is a crazy story. The short version being I met him at his club opening and fell in love with him during the time he was supposed to marry my step sister." She stole him from another woman, I'm not sure I like this at all. She probably read that from the look on my face. "I'll give you the long version so you don't get the wrong ideas."

Thirty minutes later and my mouth had a problem staying closed. It was loosened from shock. "Wow, that is a really crazy story, I definitely would have gotten the wrong idea. But seriously, that feels like bestseller or at least a movie."

"So what's your story?" The tragic and awkward life of Vanessa Wright. Anyways I proceeded to tell her about how we met, got married, divorced, pregnant and currently living and dating each other. "I guess we both have bestsellers on our hands. But I believe it's just fate's way of bringing you guys together. Things happen the way they do for a reason and I see the way he looks at you. It's like the world stopped and he sees is you and you return the same look to him. I'm positive you will work things out."