Chapter 17

I'm socially awkward and the worst dancer ever but I literally feel like just breaking out into dance right now! This book has 26k reads. My mind is blown away. Gone with the wind (which is actually a good book).
So here is chapter 17!

*******

It was fall but the sky was still beautiful. The sun had gone done leaving all sorts of beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange. A strange thing to behold when living in the city. We had made it down to the garage, where he opened the door of his Cayenne for me before getting in on his side.

As we drove out he took my hand in his. He was scoring some good brownie points in the gentleman department. I didn't even bother to ask we're we were going although it was wreaking havoc on my mind. I've probably come up with multiple possibilities of what our date was going to be like.

The time in the car passed by so quickly with the comfortable silence. As usual, the city was filled with life and that's one of the reasons I loved it. No matter what time of the day you'll always see large groups of people. I noticed that we were slowing down and I finally looked in front to see where we were stopping. It was at the entrance of the Central park.

"Hopefully you're up for a bit of walking. If you're not I'll be more than happy to carry you." I didn't know the park stayed open this late.

"I'll hold on to the offers for now." He flashed me a smile before exiting the car and walking over to my side. He passed the gentleman section of this date perfectly. He closed up the car and out of nowhere a man wearing a suit comes and collect the keys.

"They are here for our protection and we will need someone to make sure the car isn't gone when we get back." When he said they I quickly looked around for the rest and behold there was at least six. "Don't worry you won't even notice they're around. They're very discreet."

"Okay." I'm used to having guards, but for the longest while, I've been on my own. It's reasonable considering the value we would hold if kidnappers got us. To be honest knowing they were around cleared up some of my anxieties, I didn't know I had. It was night and if anything happened Xander may have just lost both parents. Enough of that thinking though.

Christian and I walked into the park, his hand wrapped securely around my waist. It was so nice outside. The trees were changing colors and there was light orchestral music in the backgrounds.

Wait a minute? Orchestral music? Did I walk into a dream world? Or did my ears hear right? I looked around but there was no one just the cute lights that lit our path. I looked up to Christian who was smiling as if he had an inside joke. He probably did.

I nudged him with my elbows. There is no way he is responsible for the music. I mean I just said yes an hour ago. How did he even know I would say yes?

"Am I hearing things or is there an actual orchestra playing around here somewhere?"

"I would love to call you crazy." That comment earned him a jab in the abdomen which only made him laugh. "But I'm afraid I can't because there is an orchestra playing." We rounded a corner and there they were. Playing the most beautiful melody, next to a table setup and lit by fairy lights. It was truly magnificent and romantic.