Chapter 24

My arms stretched out as I awoke from my slumber. Yesterday started off a bit rocky but I was happy for the progress that it made. I was no longer feuding with Christian, and Erik had gotten his chance with Celeste. Not a bad day at all.

Then when I got home, I found Xander  watching Disney Jr. with my sister. I was very surprised to see her. With everything that was happening in the media, I thought she would've made it to my office. Although, her arrival was delayed I was not free from answering the many questions she had. If anything, her delayed reaction only resulted in more questions than was necessary.

I remembered talking to her for such a long time that Christian had to take Xander to bed. Then when we were finished it was too late for her to drive home. Therefore, I had given her my bed while I shared Christian's. Now you'll understand when I tell you I am  trapped. His heavy arm was secured around my waist and his head on my chest. On a normal day this would be so cute and I'd probably lay there and stare at his sleeping figure like a creep. However, I had an early meeting and an even more pressing bladder.

Slowly and gently, I moved is head off of me and onto the pillow. It was not an easy task, he was stubborn in his sleep. Then it was his arm, he must've lifted cinder blocks for a workout because his arm would not budge. I needed to use the toilet so badly.

"Christian!" I whisper yelled. "I need to pee." Nothing. Not even a groan to tell me to shut up. "Christian." I said in a normal tone while shaking him a bit. This man could really sleep through a storm and earthquake. I looked at the door to the bathroom longingly. Damn it!

I had one last resort. For sure he was going to be pissed. However, I needed to go to the bathroom or I'd be pissed. Moving closer to Christian's face I bit him on the lip. His arm moved so quickly that the force of his arm retracting to touch his lip sent me plummeting off of the bed.

A groan escaped my lip. Our bed was vaulted which meant the trip to the floor was much longer and painful. I looked up at Christian. He did not realize what had happened as he was deep in his slumber. This was my fault; pain of my own making. I had no one to blame for the pain my body was in, but myself.

With the little strength I had left, I dragged myself to the bathroom. Barely making it to the toilet in time. I could have simply let my sister share my bed last night. Actually, I take that back. My sister should not share a room with anyone. Jessica Wright is a storm and earthquake rolled into one when she is sleeping. Her snores will make you cry and her uncontrollable limbs will leave you with bruises. Surviving a night with her is like surviving a war. My bruised butt gladly welcomes the fall off the bed, because spending the night with Jessica would have earned me a trip to the emergency room.

My bladder finally free from exploding, a shower to start the day was well in order. Quickly, I turned on the shower head and then brush my teeth as I waited for the water to warm up. Not wanting to waste another minute, I stripped out of my clothes and got in. I loved the bathroom so much. Earthy yet modern. I scrolled through the music keypad built into the shower. Christian had a wide selection of music, he was not the type that listened to opera or classical music. I clicked on Glorious by Macklemore and Skylar Gray.

Immersed in both the music and water, I start my shower.

"I feel Glorious, glorious. Got a chance to start again. I was born for this, born for this. It's who I am how could I forget? I made it through the darkest part of the night and now I see the sinrise. I feel glorious, glorious. I feel Glorious, glorious." I love this song so much, it makes me want to go out and conquer the world. For now, I'll just conquer my meeting.

The song was kept on repeat as I finished up in the bathroom. Once out, I realized Christian was still sleeping. Must be nice to sleep in and not have a meeting. Xander had no school today and I can only imagine the two of them sleeping the whole day away. I am so jealous.