23

let's skip for a week. harry's been accompanying louis to dr. hemmings for his weekly check-up. louis has been remembering some things.

but,

harry still hasn't mentioned that he and zayn knew each other.

is harry and louis living happily? you can say that, but...

"hazza! babe! come on now, we'll be late for the party!" louis shouts as he gets his shoes.

harry's still blow-drying his long, curly hair. dressed up elegantly.

"okay! just a few more minutes!"

"haz!" louis yells back impatiently.

harry groaned and pulled his half-dried hair into a man bun. "fine, i'm coming."

he grabs his leather boots and looks up at louis. he gives him a smile to die for, making butterflies erupt on louis tummy.

"hazzaaaa!" he pouts as he stomps his feet.

louis was wearing his formal attire. harry's got his button-down opened down to his chest. revealing his broad chest and creamy skin.

"okay, okay." he huffs and straightens his outfit, "let's go."

he nods at louis as they both exited the flat.

---

the couple arrived at the elegant party. it was thrown by calum hood, an acquaintance of harry; friend of madison paige.

"madison!" harry greets as soon as he saw her.

they both hugged tightly, madison giving louis the look. judging him.

"who's the hottie?"

"wait..." harry pulled away, eyeing madison. "i haven't told you anything about louis?"

"oh!" she smirks, "so he's the lucky guy."

louis shifts uncomfortably, smiling awkwardly. "i'm... lucky to have him."

"nah uh," harry giggles. "i'm lucky to have you, babe."

louis turns beet red as he bites his lip.

"you guys are adorable!" she gushes but quickly says goodbye as calum needed her.

"so... madison."

"she's a childhood friend."

louis nods and walks with harry.

they were at some sort of garden party. harry could spot some familiar faces, and some older ones.

what even is this party for? he asks himself.

"haz." louis stops on his tracks, his eyes flickering. scared.

he watched his lover and followed his gaze, landing on...

"zayn." he groans.

"hey, it's... it's okay." louis holds his hand.

"no it ain't."

"it is. i won't go near him." louis kisses harry's knuckles.

"he'll go near you."

"you're with me."

"i know, but--"

"harold." he squeezes his lover's hand.

harry huffs, "fine. but i'm punching him if he tries to do anything."

"my prince," louis laughs.

the speaker booms, catching everyone's attention. the speaker announcing about calum's birthday.

oh. harry mutters to himself. his fingers still linked with the smaller boys' fingers.

"harry, calm down." louis gives another gentle squeeze. the pad of his thumb brushing against harry's cream skin.

"sorry." he looked down.

louis tilts harry's chin up, smiling at him as he look up to harry's forest eyes.

"you look amazing."

those three words was enough for harry to have butterflies partying on his tummy. he loves it when louis compliments him. it wasn't new to him, but receiving a compliment from the louis who has amnesia is.

he pressed his lips on louis' temple, lingering for a bit longer. smiling.

"i love you." he whispers and turns his attention to the birthday boy, calum, who was standing on the podium. madison beside him.

he didn't notice the way louis smiled up at him with flushed cheeks. he couldn't even hear his heartbeat over the loud volumes of speakers.

he didn't know louis was more than thankful that he still sticks with him.

harry also didn't notice the pair of piercing eyes burning holes behind his head. his eyes full of anger and jealousy. but at the same time guilt.

---

short update, guys! (and gals. nonbinary pals)

i'd probably have some trouble updating since school has started.

i also uninstalled my ig. haha

but please do follow me.
@jeskeith.ing, but only if you want to. i ain't forcing ya.

thanks!

votes and comments are HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

all the love,
xx