Chapter 2

A few days have passed since our last mission to save and protect Dr. Hayama. It doesn't take that long for us to receive the autopsy report about him. But I feel frustrated when I read it. The report still doesn't mention anything about the microchip implant he had. I begin to doubt about Dr. Hayama's statement. But he didn't look like he was lying to me about this. Maybe the coroners have made a mistake, but that seems unlikely to me.

Another thing that bothers me is Ryu Mikado denying about knowing Satoru Yuuya. He didn't say who gave them the microchip implant. He only stated that he got it through the illegal mean. We can assume that they may get it from Saburo Matsuda. But based on our investigation, there's no link between him and the Awatori Group.

"Sis, are you still thinking about our last mission?" Yuuto seems to know what I have in mind. "I can't stop thinking about it. This mission isn't as simple as I expected. Even if we've already found the answer we seek, it will also lead us to another mystery," I answer. Yuuto remains silent. He begins to speak up after that. "I agree with that," he says, "But I also come up with another conclusion. It sounds crazy, so do you want to listen?"

I nod at him. I wonder what kind of conclusions he has. Maybe his findings are a lot different than everyone else in the squad. "Maybe those guys from Awatori Group did meet him. It's just that, he didn't introduce himself as Satoru Yuuya. He must have introduced himself using a fake name instead. I won't be so surprised if it's true," Yuuto says to me.

Well, Yuuto's conclusion makes sense as well. Maybe it's true that Satoru Yuuya introduced himself using a fake name. So, no one in the group knows who he is. "I think it's possible. But what about the autopsy report not mentioning anything about the microchip implant? I'd like to think there must be an error from the coroner, but I don't believe they will do such thing. On top of that, there's no reason for them to hide it," I say to him.

Yuuto only sighs when I ask him that. I guess he's also clueless why the autopsy report doesn't mention anything about it. "I'd like to think that the microchip implant disappeared, but it sounds too good to be true. I know that it's possible for the microchip implant to disappear after a certain period of time. But disappeared in a split second? That's unheard of. Even Dr. Hayama would think it's impossible if he were still alive."

Both of us become quiet after that when we notice that our classmates are nearby. It's better for us not to discuss something like this since none of the incidents have made it to the public. This is a covert mission, anyway. So no one should know about this. Both Yuuto and I need to be careful not to let something confidential slips from our mouth.

"Morning, Touka, Yuuto," Shiori greets us. Shiori is a friend of mine since we were in the middle school. She's not just my classmate, but she's also my best friend. She always comes to our coffee shop whenever she has the time. She's an idol, so she's always busy with the rehearsal at the live house after the school is over. Sometimes, she will also bring her friends from the idol group, Machina Twist, to our coffee shop.

She has been with Machina Twist since she passed the audition when we were in the middle school. But now, she finally gets the major debut she's been waiting for. With her major debut confirmed, it means that she will be graduating from Machina Twist soon. I'm happy to know that her wish has come true. She's been working so hard to land her first major debut as a talent.

"Are you guys free this weekend? I'll be performing on the stage with my senior idol, Momoko Sugita. I hope that you can come and see me this weekend." Shiori looks happy when she invites us to see her performance. "I thought that you don't have to perform in the live house anymore? What gives?" I ask her.

Yuuto and I are unable to attend her live performance most of the time. It's because we have to help dad and Hayato in the coffee shop. The coffee shop can be so full of people, especially during the weekend. Sometimes, we're also involved with other covert missions. That makes it even more impossible for us to attend the live. Of course, she doesn't even know that we're PSIA agents. And no one knows about that, not even the school.