Chapter 12

"Where are we going?" Mr. Ninomiya asks one of us. Despite the injury, he's still concerned about where we're planning to bring him. "We're going to my place. Your girlfriend is there too. Besides, we need to get you treated as soon as possible. Otherwise, your girlfriend will be angry at us," Mr. Sakakibara answers him. He blushes whenever Mr. Sakakibara is making fun of his relationship with Nanase.

I'm sitting at the back with Mr. Ninomiya. "It amazes me that you guys are PSIA agents," he says to me, "I know that you're Senior Kimizuki's children. But I've never met you guys in person until you came to see Shiori. It's just that, I never thought that you would be involved in something this dangerous. You sure are something if you can join PSIA at such a young age."

"No, there's nothing spectacular about us. We just happen to be good enough to become PSIA agents. Besides, dad has been training us since we were kids. By the time we were 15, we were already good enough to become a PSIA agent," I reply. He doesn't have to know about our horrific involvement with the Transhuman Development Project. It's because it's going to be a lengthy explanation. And I don't feel like doing it.

We arrive home after an hour drive from Odaiba. Ms. Shoko is already on standby when we arrive. "Good job, guys. I'm glad that we've made it this time as well," she says to us when she sees us. It looks like Ms. Shoko is here, waiting for the news about Mr. Ninomiya's safety. "I'm sorry, Ms. Mayuzumi," Mr. Ninomiya apologizes to her. "That's alright," she says, "What's important is that you're safe now. That's all matters to me."

Once we're upstairs, Ms. Chiyo then brings Mr. Ninomiya in another room to treat his injury. It's better for Ms. Chiyo to double check his injury once again just to see if he has other injuries. We may have missed something since we were in a hurry during that time. In the meantime, the rest of us gather in the living room while waiting for Ms. Chiyo to treat Mr. Ninomiya.

"Did Ninomiya tell you anything about the person who injured him, Touka?" Ms. Shoko asks me. I feel contemplated to say that it was Shiori who tried to kill him. But even if I don't tell them, they will find out about it eventually. It hurts me to say this that Shiori's mind control is complete. "He stated that it was Shiori," I answer her. Everyone doesn't look surprised. It looks more to me that they already expect it all along.

"So, we're too late to save her?" Yuuto asks me. I can only nod because I don't think we have any option anymore to save her. Yuuto looks frustrated. He also feels that there's nothing much he can do right now to reverse the situation. Ms. Shoko pats my shoulder, trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry to know about this, but you should be aware by now what you need to do. Whether you like it or not, you have to kill her," she says to me.

Ms. Shoko's words somehow petrify me. Despite knowing that I need to kill her, I begin to succumb to the fear that I may not be able to shoot her. I know that she will come and kill me if I don't kill her, but I'm not sure if I can do this. Now, I feel powerless. Everything is just exactly what Satoru Yuuya wants from the beginning. He can't stop me physically, but he can stop me mentally and emotionally.

Ms. Chiyo comes out of the room thirty minutes later. "How is he?" Ms. Shoko asks her. She looks anxious when she asks Ms. Chiyo about him. "Well, he was bleeding a lot. But luckily, we were quick enough to find him and treat him fast. Otherwise, I doubt that he'll survive," she replies. Suddenly, we hear a loud noise coming from downstairs. Nanase is the one who is running upstairs. She looks exhausted as she comes in.

"Where's Kei? Please, let me see him," she begs. Before Ms. Shoko says anything to her, I stop her track, signaling her to let me handle Nanase. "He's in the room next door. He was injured, but luckily we were quick enough to treat him. Since his injury was quite severe, please allow him to rest. You can see him after that." She cries, feeling relieved that Mr. Ninomiya is safe.