8

Chaeyoung's POV

The cool autumn breeze immediately embraced me as I stepped out of the convenience store near our dorm. Jeez. I should have brought my sweater with me especially since I'm only wearing my white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Brrr. I was able to hug and shield myself from the coldness with only my right arm as I swiftly made my way back to our dorm since my left hand was pretty occupied, clutching a plastic bag which contains a gallon of ice cream in it.

Something has been bugging me since this morning and I really wanted to shake it off by sharing it with everybody. You see, I've been living with my group members for almost two years now and I know very well that in order to get their full attention on you, you need to have all of the following:

1. FOOD

2. FOOD

3. FOOD

Though there are also cases where they'll notice you even if you don't have any food at all. And that is when you're in a very awkward or embarrassing situation. That, and that alone. They'll notice you cause they'll bully you.

I know right? This is sheer savagery people.

Oh well, I didn't want to be in an awkward and embarrassing situation, so I decided, without a choice, to buy them something to eat, and I know for a fact that they'll love a gallon of ice cream after a strenuous rehearsal. So here I am, with a gallon of ice cream on hand, has now become their one time genie-ssi.

Awesome. Right? Right.

I slowly entered the room and was immediately welcomed by a very familiar sight. Of course, everyone was in their own world.

Nayeon unnie, our eldest, was sitting or should I say slacking on the bench on the far end of the room. She was currently taking a photo of herself smiling like a squirtle. Maybe she'll send it to her pokemon friends. Who knows right?

Jihyo unnie on the other hand, being the most responsible one, was still rehearsing her part on the song that we're currently working on. She acts as the super glue that holds us together even if we have a bewildering array of personalities. I gotta thank the heavens for this unnie for a moment. Thank you!!! Thank you so much.

I scanned the area and almost lost my grip on the plastic bag that I was holding when I saw Dahyun unnie. I tried to avert my eyes from her but miserably failed.

Asdfghjklasdfghjkl?!!

I choked on my own saliva as I tried not to laugh at the sight before me.

Dahyun unnie was currently dancing her 'famous' eagle dance in front of Jungyeon unnie and Momo unnie who were currently snuggled on the floor. How the heck is she able to do that for so long? I mean, I tried dancing to it once and. And. Eh hem. Fvck. Okay. I just slipped there. Well yeah, since I already slipped, I'll admit that I tried dancing to it once. And only ONCE, while I was taking a bath, and I swear I almost vomitted my own stomach after.

Deym. Dahyun unnie. Those skills.

I sat the plastic bag on the table near the door and was able to witness, yet again, the undying one-sided love of my Taiwanese roommate for our very own dense squirrel unnie.

I swear, if I had a camera with me, this would be a picture perfect scene. I'd love to show this to my future children and grandchildren and tell them stories about a friend of mine who fell in love with a squirrel. A dense squirrel I must add.

Wah, Just the thought of it made me internally laugh to myself. Deym. I'm turning into one of these weird people.

Tzuyu was smiling to herself as she secretly looked at Sana unnie who was unaware of the Taiwanese girl who's been drooling over her. The dense unnie who was currently observing the queue of ants on the floor was mumbling something to herself. Probably about how cute the ants were or how amazing they are. Even from a distance, Sana unnie's sparkling eyes could blind anyone.

Ugh. She's literally the weirdest person I know.

"Eh hem." I coughed loudly trying to get everybody's attention.

No response.

"Uhh?? Guys?" I tried again.

Still no response.

I didn't want to try in vain this time so I decided to take the gallon of ice cream out of the plastic bag and sit on the floor. I immediately opened the cap and scooped a mouthful of ice cream.

"This is soooo good!" I expressed loudly. This chocolate chip ice cream is better than it looks like. Deym, I could even finish this all by myself.

I guess my attempt wasn't in vain when a shadow suddenly appeared before me.

"So um, my friend here kinda led me to you." I looked up and saw Sana unnie looking at me with her finger pointing at the floor. "Thanks tomodachi" she animatedly said as she sat on the floor beside me.

"Who were you talking to unnie?" I asked.

"Oh. My tomodachi brought me here." She pointed at the spot were she's just been and smiled to herself. "There. Do you see her? She's with her family again." Sana unnie suddenly waved good bye at the wall and looked back at me.

"Tomodachi?" I asked her while scooping another mouthful of ice cream, ignoring the fact that she just waved at the wall.

"That's the Japanese word for chingu." She said matter-of-factly. "Can I?" She asked as she took a plastic spoon out of the container, and immediately placed it near her lips, trying to show me her aegyo.

Uggghh. I CAN'T EVEN!!!

And is she referring to the ants just now? With that tomodachi thing? Jelly fvcking beans. I'm doomed.

"Go ahead unnie." I was able to burst out after a long pause due to my pure disbelief.

"It's not chestnut flavored though." I tried to make a joke.

Without further ado, Sana unnie dipped her spoon on the ice cream and ate with me.

Yeah, I thought my chestnut joke was alright. I mentally tapped my shoulder to comfort myself. I wasn't called the NO JAM DONGSAENG for no reason. But sometimes it hurts you know? When all you wanted was to make everyone laugh and...

Dang. Forget it. I don't want to act all cutesy right now.

Soon enough, everyone was gathered on the floor. All that can be heard is the sigh of satisfaction among everybody on the group.

I knew this would work.

"Soo uhh, guys, since we're all here. I uhh, wanted to share something to all of you aside from this ice cream." I started.

"Hmmm" Jihyo unnie nodded, signalling for me to continue.

"I had a weird dream last night." I stopped and looked if everybody was paying attention.

"Go on." Momo unnie said as she ate another mouthful of ice cream.

I nodded my head and continued.

"I had this dream last night and it was so weird cause everthing was black and all I can hear are voices. YOUR voices to be exact."

Everybody paused for a while and looked at me. I knew they weren't really listening a while ago so I decided to repeat everything that I've said.

"Well I dreamt about all of you, YOUR voices actually, last night. And it's so vivid I almost thought that it was real. You were kind of talking about my phone actually and yeah. Hahaha! It's so funny right?"

Jihyo unnie accidentally dropped her spoon on the floor which made all of us look at her in surprise.

"AH! AHAHAHAHAHA!" Jungyeon unnie suddenly laughed, breaking the tension inside the room.

"You're so NO JAM dongsaeng. Haha! Come on! The ice cream's turning into liquid cream guys." She said as she awkwardly scooped another mouthful of ice cream. Leaving me confused af.

TO BE CONTINUED....

~~~~~~

A/N

Hi guys! I wanted to use this TO BE CONTINUED phrase ever since and I haven't got the chance to use it. So I'll use it now. :P Lemme be a thug just for ONCE by cutting the story short. Huehuehue. thanks for reading!

No Twice No Life!
-C