Telling Us

Hey guys! Welcome to the first chapter of the final chapter in this series! Hope you enjoy!

***

"Alright, see you guys," I waved at Percy and Rachel walking out the apartment's door.

Then turned to Ms. Jackson and Paul, my adoptive mother and her boyfriend. "Why do I have the biggest feeling something bad is gonna happen?" I sighed, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Percy's almost sixteen, Clair," Ms. Jackson walked over and put a hand on my shoulder. "One day out-"

"-in the Prius while he's underage along with the fact that he's almost sixteen-"

"-doesn't mean that it's going to happen," she ignored my side comment.

"Hey, don't worry about it, Clair. He's not that bad at driving. He didn't get into any accidents... that I know of," Paul said, trying to reassure me.

Even though Percy and Beckendorf have been planning to destroy the Princess Andromeda for weeks... Percy, the idiotic half-brother he was, decided to go on a little 'date' with Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

Not that I hate her, it's just that there are way more important things coming up. Though I guess he needs a distraction...

"Clair?" Ms. Jackson brought me back down to Earth. 

"Was I muttering again?" I asked.

"Yeah," She nodded. That's become a small habit lately. Whenever I go into deep thought, some of the things I think... kinda come out of my mouth in a long, incomprehensible mutter.

"Anyway, Ms. Jackson, Paul-" I jumped off the counter. "-I'll need to make my way back to camp now,"

"We needed to see you and Percy again before... well..." Ms. Jackson pulled me into a warm, motherly embrace. One filled with love but also worry. And I knew why her voice trailed off. 

She was never comfortable with the fact that her own son as well as her adoptive daughter go off into a war against the ancient Titans.

"I promise we will win... Mom," I mumbled, causing her to hug me tighter. 

I never had called Ms. Jackson 'Mom' before since I still haven't gotten over my own mother's death. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that anymore. I, along with my brother and fellow campers, was in a serious life or death situation.

After she pulled away, I walked over to Paul and hugged him as well. Even though he was new to the fact that Percy and I were half mortal and half Greek god, he took to us pretty well. He's seen us use our swords, first hand.

When I pulled on my red and black plaid backpack and started heading to the door, I looked back into the apartment where my mother and Paul smiled at me.

"I love you," I said.

"We love you too, Claira. Go save the world for us, alright?" Mom smiled at me as Paul gave me a thumbs up.

Then I walked out.

***

When I reached an empty alley, I gathered the winds around me then jumped, taking off into the sky. I didn't need to worry about the mortals spotting some UFO in the middle of the day. Us demigods had the Mist to take care of that.

The Mist is basically this magical shroud that makes the mortals blind to things that are really there. Like me flying toward camp, for instance.

Once I reached Half-Blood Hill, I snapped my fingers and sent my backpack over to my dad's, Poseidon's, cabin. I figured I didn't need it, but you never know in times like these. It held my bow and quiver filled with arrows. Even nowadays, I always keep my pen sword, Bluetide, tucked in my ear just in case some monsters decide to attack out of nowhere.