The End...?

Nico kept his promise. The next day he pulled me aside to start teaching me the Italian language and even added some lessons on the culture and such. And a few days later, at midnight, he pulled me out of my cabin to tell me his decision along with some other things.

And now it was official.

The gods seemed to be keeping up with their promise since a lot more demigods kept coming in. And new cabins were under construction.

I helped with Nemesis, Hecate and a few others including Hades. Even if Nico was going to be the only demigod in it, we still built it. Obsidian walls, a skull on the front door and Greek fire torches at the entrance. I even got some skeletons to help out too.

During a break, when I was just sitting next to the cabin, it was almost finished, Mrs. O'Leary bounded over to me from the forest. Along with a familiar face striding toward me.

"Hades?" I stood.

"Hello, Claira. Ready for your wish's fulfillment?" he asked.

"Uh-"

"Father?" Nico asked from behind us.

"Son, don't worry. I won't keep her in the Underworld permanently. She'll just be going to visit her mother," Hades explained.

"Oh... um... ok," Nico stuttered. I turned to him and gave him a smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, alright? Don't ruin your own father's cabin while I'm gone," 

And then Hades and I melted into the shadows.

***

He led me to one of the islands.

"This is Elysium. Where your mother is," he said. Then pointed to a bench a few feet off.

Sitting there was a lady that looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties. She had black hair... black eyes... a kind smile that made me so nostalgic...

"I'll have someone summon you when the time limit is up," Hades said then started walking away.

"Thank you so much, Lord Hades!" I bowed.

I heard him falter at my act. "Um... you're welcome, Claira,"

Then he walked away, melting into the darkness of the Underworld.

I ran over to my mom and tackled her with a hug. Since I was in her realm she was in a solid form with skin and everything.

"I miss you so much, Clair," she hugged me tight.

"Me too," I buried my face into the crook of her neck.

The first thing she noticed was my hair.

"What did you do?! I mean I heard there was a war and everything but-"

"Mom just... just let me start from the beginning," I smiled at her.

And then I proceeded to tell her what happened while she was gone. Everything starting from right after her death.

I even showed her the birthday gift from Dad, my small Italian phrases that Nico taught me so far, as well as the fact that I knew Morse code by heart.

She kept her smile the whole time I was talking and sometimes we would double over laughing at some parts.

Once I finally caught up to the part where my hair turned white, she had a look of pride on her face.

"Sacrificing yourself for your friend? You've grown to be a beautiful, wise young woman, Claira," she smiled at me.

When it felt like the time limit was up soon, Mom asked a very embarrassing question.