We've Got Company

When we reached Argus and Mrs. O'Leary, the hundred eyed man was freaking out about the whole sleeping situation while the hellhound was just raiding a hot dog stand.

Percy told Argus what happened on Olympus and how the gods weren't going to be coming to save us. Then he told the guy to get back to camp to guard it the best he could.

Then Argus turned to Annie and drew a circle in the air with his finger. 

"Yeah. It's time," She nodded.

"For what, exactly?" I asked.

Turns out, it was a video shield which was one of Daedalus' many ideas.

But then Connor stopped her from scouting.

"What, do you see invaders?" She looked up at him.

"No... right there! Dylan's Candy Bar," he turned to Travis. "It's open. And everyone is asleep. You thinking what I'm thinking?" That made Travis grin.

"Stolls!" I scolded along with Katie.

"What? You said we could raid!" the twins complained to me.

I remember saying that but I didn't miss a beat. "You have no proof I said anything!" 

"We have blackmail material," Travis gave me a triumphant smirk.

I glared at the twins. "How much?"

"You know we are experts on eavesdropping," Connor winked.

"Let's just say we managed to drop by at the beach to see you and a friend standing at the surf saying some... really embarrassing words-"

And that was when I grabbed both of their necks, heating up my palms.

"Say another word about that and you can say goodbye to your heads," I growled, making them laugh uneasily.

"Can do, captain," they choked out.

I let go of their necks and knelt down next to Annie.

"They couldn't seriously have been there..." Annie mumbled, only for my ears to hear as she passed her hand over the shield, moving the scene.

"They're the Stolls," I grumbled and face palmed.

"Anyway. Thank you, Argus," Annie looked up at the guy. "Hopefully we'll see you back at camp... someday,"

I smiled up at him to see an amused look on his face. Probably from my episode with the Stolls.

"We'll see you soon," I brought two fingers up to my forehead and gave a small salute.

Then he shifted his many eyes to Percy and gave him a look. Then he hopped into the van and drove off along with the two harpies that had driven the other two vans.

Then Percy looked at me and nodded. I stood and whistled for Mrs. O'Leary. The hellhound bounded over to me and nuzzled me.

"Alright, girl. You remember Grover? Ya know, the satyr we met in the park?" I looked straight into her big black eyes. she woofed in response. "I need you to find him, alright? Find Grover!" I said, still staring at her.

She licked my face then went off.

That immediately prompted me to walk over to Percy, pick up the hem of his shirt and used it to wipe off the slobber. But in that process, I heard him inhale sharply.

And realized: I had touched his lower back. Letting go of his shirt I mumbled under my breath: "So I was right,"

"Right about what?" he looked at me.