Here, She Lies...

I took to the skies, and started to scout. Since I could help literally anywhere and everywhere, I took it upon myself to help where I'm needed most.

The first place I saw was the Demeter cabin. I headed down to the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel. Though there were a lot of demigods, they still wouldn't cover the entrance in time.

So I shouldered my bow and let the Demeter part of me flow through my body and to my fingertips where it unleashed a grass green aura. I even called on Pan's blessing to give me strength. And in just five minutes, the tunnel's entrance was covered in thick branches of thorns and poison ivy, five feet in.

"Thanks, Clair!" Katie called up as I started making my way up.

Then I noticed the Hermes cabin. Most had swords, others had other stuff like homemade bombs and stuff like that, probably from raiding some nearby stores. I wouldn't be surprised.

It was the half on the Manhattan bridge, led by Connor.

"Huh! No wonder you guys have raided stuff!" I yelled down at the small battle, starting to shoot my arrows.

The monster headcount was at least fifty which wasn't too bad. I could easily take them out.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Connor yelled up at me just as he sliced through a she-demon with his sword.

"I kinda expected it, that's all!" I landed next to him and took my pen from my ear, bringing out my sword and standing shoulder to shoulder with the son of Hermes.

"Nice knowing ya, Connor," I took a sidelong glance at him.

He just gave me a huge grin while staring at me with those bright blue eyes of his. "We're not going away just yet,"

And then we both charged into the cluster of monsters, the rest of the group following.

I kept hacking away at every monster I could, while Connor kept yelling orders at everyone while still fighting alongside me.

After a little while, a new voice broke through the air: "Retreat! Let's head back to HQ!"

Connor and I turned to see Travis at the back of our group. 

I turned to Connor. "Go with him. I'll be right there,"

"Clair-!"

"Just go! There's like ten more left!" I said in the strongest tone I could muster.

Connor sighed then turned to his group, leading them away.

Most of the monsters in front of me were she-demons, which I seriously didn't need. They always nagged at you however they could.

But I just shut them out. They were killed in a matter of minutes anyway.

Even so, I was a bit delayed on getting to HQ since some monsters could be pretty stubborn.  

We had chosen the Plaza hotel as HQ apparently. When I walked in, the first person I saw was Will Solace, my archery teacher as well as one of my close friends. I immediately demanded the situation.

I noticed he seemed panicky when I approached him. "Will, what's going on? How many are injured?"

"Wait you didn't hear about Annabe-?"

"Jake!" Will shouted before the senior counselor could continue.

"Wait, Annie? What happened to her?" I looked back at Will.

He sighed and gave in. "She got stabbed with a poison knife. She's in good condition but it did look a bit fatal for a bit and-"

"Where is she?"