It Has Begun

The minute my back touched the seat of the taxi, I passed out.

And I didn't wake up until the Stolls had dumped ice cold water over me on the pavement. Apparently Percy had to drag me out of the taxi cab.

And even then I just stirred as if nothing had happened. "We're finally here?" I mumbled and stood with the help of the Stolls.

"You were seriously that tired?" Percy asked, Annie standing next to him.

"Uh, yeah. I didn't get any sleep for a full 24 hours. Of course I was dead tired. Obviously right before we get started with this too, huh?" I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned, adjusted my backpack's strap on my shoulder.

I vaguely remember summoning it and stuffing my bow and quiver into it before hailing the taxi.

Then I looked around to see the senior counselors, excluding Clarisse, as well as all of their cabinmates. 

But in all it was only 40 demigods, excluding me and Percy. Though we could still attract tons of monsters with our demigod auras and I could tell that was on some of their minds.

Then I noticed Chiron in his wheelchair, while Percy started talking.

"Thanks for coming, everybody. Chiron, after you," He said. I just blinked and looked at Percy, surprised. I actually thought he'd take the reins. Even Chiron shook his head.

"I only came to wish you luck, my boy,"

"But you're our leader," Percy insisted.

"I am but your trainer, your teacher. That is not the same as being your leader. I will go gather all of the allies I can. Meanwhile, you called the campers here, Percy. You are the leader," Chiron said.

I couldn't help but wipe a tear away, exaggeratedly, making Percy give me a look.

"What? My big brother's growing up," I smiled then motioned for him to continue.

"Alright so, like I told Annabeth on the phone, something bad is going to happen by tonight. Some kind of trap or something. We've got to get an audience with Zeus and convince him to defend the city. Remember we can't take no for an answer," Percy said.

As he was speaking, I took Mrs. O'Leary to Argus and asked him to watch her, neither of them happy about that.

And when I got back, Percy gave me a nod. "Let's go,"

***

When we entered the Empire State Building, a security guard was sitting behind the desk at the lobby.

He only so much as glanced at us, with the weapons and armor.

And though he did try to play dumb about the six-hundredth floor and all, Percy managed to push his buttons and made him push a buzzer that made the gate to the elevator open.

We decided to take two trips for everyone to get up with the elevator. I went with the first group. The Stolls surrounded me.

"Got anything for us in the backpack?" They asked.

"Unless you're talking about extra arrows, the cash and drachmas you gave me, a full canteen of nectar, a bag filled with ambrosia, or a fist to the face then no I don't," I glared at the both of them, making them sigh. 

When we walked out, I dropped my voice to a whisper. "I will allow you to raid the surrounding stores though~"

And that made them grin at me. "Yes!"

Then when the second group came up we proceeded to head into Olympus.

And I'll admit, I was definitely impressed. Mansions of gold and white glittered as they towered at the sides of the mountain. Gardens flourished on at least a hundred terraces. Smoke rose from braziers lining the streets. And at the peak stood, what I assumed to be, the palace of the gods.