[trois]

EDDIE
17:26

[LETTER FORMATE ONE]

Dear Dad,

Hey Dad, it's Eddie... It happened again today, did you know? Mom turned on the news this morning, all you could see was the sobbing and enraged family's as the police officers pushed them back, forcing the cameras away from the horrid scene they had caused. Our heart dropped to the pits of our stomachs. Police brutality has been crazy in America lately, but surely when has it not? It's only now recently that it's all been finally pushed to the surface in the media, the truth being more clearly revealed, but that still doesn't stop the governments attempts to bullshit cover it up every time.

--

Mom's making me stay inside today, she's been doing that constantly lately... I remember last month I had accidentally made her cry, due to the selfish fact I'd decided to ignore her pleads and go out without telling anyone. Although i had only left to innocently relax in the fields for a few hours, I'd still been extremely stupid and selfish to make her worry. I had really expected her to be angry at me once I arrived home that night -- but instead I came into the house to see Mom crying her soul out on the couch. I'd quickly ran over and comforted her as she sobbed into my shoulder telling me she couldn't handle to lose another person, especially me, her only child. My heart ached.

--

Mom's really become a worried mess over the years, but what'd you expect? She's terrified there will be another riot soon. Everyone's very upset or becoming so, including us.

I'm curious Dad... Why do they see our skin as such a sin? Is our melanin really that offensive? Is it really that bad that we can no longer walk in plain daylight without the fear of being attacked or killed?

I thought police were supposed to be our friends, right? The thought of it is comical now. Innocent me would had of believed that, well that's surely what our society teaches us. Police are supposed to be our "heroes" and "save us from evil", when in reality they're the true evil.

— E.

---
This chapter probably is confusing y'all lmao, but I promise letter(s) throughout this book will be important to the story also, and will add up v soon !! P.S this story is still going to be mainly third-pov, so no worries, I just felt I wanted to give y'all a lil look at our ol' bud Eddie's mind (: