Chapter 1/5

"Just take two pills a day to deal with the pain. After about three weeks, you should be back to normal. Well, physically at least," the doctor says at the hospital entrance. 

"Okay, thank you so much for your help," you say with Tifa beside you. You and the doctor shake hands, then proceed out the door. Once you're out, the sun shines too brightly for your eyes to handle. The wind swoons fresh air into your sore, and possibly bruised, lungs. 

"Feeling better," Tifa says cheerfully. You smile.

"Yup. It's way better than the smell of vaccine all day." Tifa laughs. 

"Well, like the doctor said, you should go home and get some rest." The walk to the bar was torturous. Your legs and hips were still frail and you were sleepy from all that morphine and other medicine you had to take for over a month. You also couldn't go back to your apartment since the scientists trashed it beyond repair. However, you actually liked living with Cloud and the gang. You could get a new job as a waitress, see the team more often, and you lived at your workplace so you didn't have to walk home! But most importantly, you get to see your new lover more, maybe. You hadn't seen Vincent since your confessions since he was away on a mission with Cloud again. You still couldn't believe that Vincent felt the same way about you and even after you looked horrible in front of him. The next time you see him, you were going to look your best to make up for it. 

You finally reach the bar and greeted by Marlene and Denzel. They give you tight hugs around your waist and you hugged back, though barely. 

"Be careful, guys. (y/n)'s still in a lot of pain," Tifa says, saving you from the tight arms around you. Both kids jumped back.

"Sorry, (y/n), we were just too excited," Denzel says lowering his head down innocently. You chuckle and ruffle both kids' hair. 

"It's fine. I'll play with you guys as soon as I feel better," you say to them. They smile and go run off somewhere outside. You let out a sigh.

"You should go sleep now," Tifa says walking past you and going to the back of the bar. You go upstairs and into your room. Then collapse on the bed as soon as you shut the door. The bed feels so warm and soft, you could almost fall asleep immediately. But something catches your eye. You peak your head to the side to see a white envelope with your name written in the front of it. You carefully pick up the note and open it. 

(Y/n), 

I'm sorry that I had to leave so early on you despite your condition and that I won't be able to be with you through most of your recovery. I don't know how long I will be gone but I can say that I will be gone for nearly a month, Cloud also. This will be the only letter you will receive from me during my absence. All I can do is hope that you will recover soon and wait for me to come back home. I love you.

~Vincent 

You smile to yourself as you read the last bit of the letter. Setting the letter back into the envelope carefully, you put it on your nightstand. You lay down and doze off before mumbling "I love you, too, Vincent."