Chapter 5/5

*Spoilers from Dirge of Cerberus*

It's been a while now, you don't know how long you've been here. How many seconds, how many minutes, how many hours. You don't care in the least. All you care about is your broken heart. Here you are, in the Forgotten City, leaning on one of the many luminescent trees, knees to chest, crying. You still couldn't believe it. Just when your life was on the verge of being completely healed, it was crumbling down again. You were starting to calm down when you head a loud 'swooosh ' followed by footsteps crunching twigs and leaves. You feel his presence loom over you.

"(y/n).." Vincent starts. You let out a deep breath and wipe the remaining tears away. After a short hesitation, you finally look at him. He looks sad and angry. His brows behind the bandana are more furrowed than usual and he looks more pale. Without another word, his sits down beside you. A tense silence overtook the area. You didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to say. 

"I don't," his gruff voice finally calls out. You look at him. This made you confused, yet your face showed nothing. "I'm not in love with Lucrecia, not any more. I do care for her, but I don't feel as much as I did for her years ago." Silence again. "It was eating away at me how many secrets I was hiding from you. I felt like I needed to tell you my most darkest secret."

"Darkest secret?" you ask. You frown in confusion. 

"I was a Turk once. When I was assigned to look after the Jenova project, I was to assist Lucrecia in her research. After a while she got to me but...... then I found out she worked for my father and when I tried to confront her, she ran away in shame and went to Hojo for comfort. As time passed, she became with child with Sephiroth and they decided they would use him as a test subject for their research. I tried to stop them, but I was killed by Hojo and brought back to life by Lucrecia, but at a cost; I became infused with monsters."

You listen to his story. It saddened you. All the secrets that he held behind those eyes were now flowing out. You started to understand as to why he acted the way he did, why he looked the way he did, why he felt the way he did. Soon, Vincent was done explaining himself. He didn't look at you. He was too ashamed of his past.

After yet again another tense silence, you wrap your arms around his neck and held him close. At first he didn't move, but he soon fell into your embrace. You peck his cheek and whisper into his ear;

"It's okay now. What's done is done and everything that you told me was not your fault. It was other people's decisions," you say to comfort him.

"Perhaps...." He takes hold of your chin and lifts your head up softly and puts his lips on yours. You look at each other for a moment before you kiss again, and again and again. You lay down on the cool ground while Vincent leans over you, caressing your cheek. You break the kiss and look into his eyes, which are filled with love.

"You're my hope," he says before his hand slides down your face and to your throat. He bends down and kisses your neck gingerly.

"I'm glad," you reply. You look up at the dark sky with the stars and full moon shining down on you. You close your eyes and smile ,satisfied, as you prepare yourself for a night of passion with your love, Vincent Valentine.

END

Special thank you to DanielleRakes for requesting this story 

 imasillyfangirl for being my main support

and for all the people who have read this story, thank you!