Chapter 2/5

*1 month later*

Setting a drink down on the bar for one customer, you give them a warm smile.

"There you go, Sir," you say. The man doesn't look at you and starts to down his drink. Your smile fades somewhat giving an awkward "Okay..." expression. You still haven't really gotten used to your new job at Seventh Heaven, which started only one and a half weeks ago. Your body was healed enough to walk and do most things properly again. You had fattened up a little and the bruises were clearing up for the most part. But, you still needed to do some psychological recovering as well. You had developed slight paranoia from the time in the lab, but Tifa, and especially the kids were a big support. 

But you still wished that Vincent was there. You knew if he was, you would have no trouble recovering; sadly, however, he wasn't and had yet to come back from his mission with Cloud. But you were eagerly waiting his return nonetheless. 

"Hey, lady," a slurred voice says beside you, breaking your thoughts. You turn to the man.

"Yes, Sir? Can I help you again?" you ask politely even though you know he's going to be rude. He gives you a sly, drunken smile and scans your form a little too slowly. From looking at his eyes, their dark with lust. You gulp and clear your throat to regain his attention. His eyes fling up at your face. 

"You busy tonight, darling?" 

'Oh, no... I see where this is going,' you think to yourself.

"As a matter of fact, I am," you say stubbornly. His smirk melts off his face and you can tell he's sightly pissed.

"Oh, really now? Well how about you cancel whatever you have planned and I can make your night so much better. How's that sound?" he brags, bringing his perverted smirk into view again. Fortunately, before you can react, the doorbell dings and your attention goes to it. Your heart almost leaps out of your chest with joy and relief.

Vincent and Cloud walk in.

"You listenin'?" the man says, trying to regain your attention. Your eyes are locked on Vincent and vise versa. You smile slyly.

"I don't think he'll  like that," you say as you move your head to Vincent's direction. The man looks over at him. Vincent is standing at his usual corner of the bar with his arms crossed and his cloak hiding the bottom half of his face. Vincent glares at the man with his burning red eyes. The man gulps thickly, gets off the stool, and exits the bar, cursing as he does so. You look and smile at Vincent thankfully. He nods once and his eyes soften at you with slightly dreamy eyes. You blush and look away shyly. Thankfully, the bar is just closing for the night.

"How was your trip guys?" Tifa asks them cheerfully.

"Okay, I guess," Cloud says in his somber voice and heads upstairs to his room. " Going to sleep." 

"Night Cloud," you say along with Tifa. He closes the door without saying anything in return. Both of you look at Vincent who shakes his head, meaning he doesn't want to say anything. 

*****************

You get changed into a comfortable white nightgown before getting into bed. After taking your medication, you lay on your side for a while in an attempt to sleep; until the touch of cool metal comes to the side of your cheek and strokes it. You gulp and blush, your heart pounding. Slowly turning around, your eyes meet with Vincent's, which are glowing in the darkness of your room. You gingerly sit up and face him. His claw still on your cheek, you grab hold of it and lean into his touch.

"I'm glad your back..... I missed you," you whisper, a faint smile on your face. Vincent mimics your smile for only a second before giving you that dreamy look again. 

"Not as much as I have missed you," he says softly. His human hand goes up your arm slowly as he leans closer to you. You feel your face getting hotter as the gap closes between your faces. You're only a lip's width apart before he stops. He brushes your lips with his lovingly, swiftly, gently, back and forth on your bottom lip a few times before moving to your upper lip. You sigh heavily and close your eyes, feeling his touch. Then, suddenly, he attacks your lips roughly, yet passionately. You kiss back the same way, running your fingers through his long raven hair, which was more softer than anything you've ever felt. Vincent, in turn, grips your face and shoulder. He slides his hand down to your wrist and breaks the kiss. He brings your wrist up to his face and starts planting soft pecks on the bruises and cuts that still linger on your skin. You sigh as you bury your head in the crook of his neck. Once he gets to your crook, planting the last few kisses, he whispers in your ear.

"Are you still afraid of me?" Vincent asks out of the blue. You lean up to face him. You look into his eyes. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago you couldn't stand looking into them a second without shaking, but now, you can't look at them a second without melting. You smile and put your hand to his cheek, which was terrifyingly cold.

"No, I'm not," you say truthfully. 

"Good."