Chapter 3/5

You wake up to the sound of rustling behind you. Opening one eye, you see on your clock that it's only 5 a.m. You groan and move over to the other side to see Vincent sitting at the edge of the bed, adjusting his claw. He looks over at you from the corner of his eye. 

"It's too early for you to be up," his deep voice whispers softly. You smile at him.

"I could say the same thing about you," you say still laying down, looking up at him and rubbing his back.

"I've had my fill of sleep." Once he said that, curiosity struck you. You heard that the gang first met him when he was sleeping inside a coffin and he told them that he was inside it for 30 years. It made you wonder why he was inside that box in the first place. You looked up at him. From the look in his eye, you could tell that he didn't want to say anything else. Which reminded you.....

"By the way, why was Cloud acting so strangely last night?"

He looked at you again.

"We got ambushed during our way back home. Cloud got knocked out and kidnapped and we had to save him. I guess he's embarrassed and disappointed of himself because of it."

"Oh." You were glad there was nothing wrong with him at least.

"But that aside, you should get back to sleep, you'll be tired all day if you don't," Vincent says as he gets up and leans down to your face level. You wrap your arms around his neck and give him a peck on the lips. You study each others' features for a few moments before you speak.

"When will you be back?"

"I'll come back tonight, I promise," he says. Your smile widens.

"Okay." With that, you lean up and kiss him. It still felt strange that his lips, not to mention most of his skin was ice cold, as if he'd been out in the snow all day. But you were nevertheless getting use to it. His cloak was always warm so you had an equal share of the two temperatures. He moved his head to one side to deepen the kiss, making you breathe passionately into his mouth. He hummed in response. Just when you were running out of air, Vincent parted from you and got up.

"I love you," he says before become red mist and flying out of the window. You smile a little sadly.

"I love you, too." He leaves or isn't there whenever you say it. The only time he heard those words from you was when you first confessed. But you knew that he knew you loved him.

******

After getting dressed, you go downstairs and are greeted by Marlene and Denzel.

"Hi, (y/n)," they both say in unison, their faces stuffed with cereal. You giggle at their unimplied silliness.

"Morning guys," you greet back, "where's Tifa?" They point to the back of the bar and you go there. When you spot Tifa, she's washing some dishes, her back facing you.

"Hey," you say. She looks back at you.

"Hey," she returns, but there's a slight slyness to her voice and a smug smirk on her face. You give her a confused look.

"What?" 

"It sounded like two love birds were having a good time last night." You blush immediately and give her a baffled look. 

"Don't say it like that! We didn't do anything like that!" you say and look away, getting even more flustered. It was true. You and Vincent only kissed, cuddled, and talked until you fell asleep to his whispering.

"Hahahaha! I'm just kidding!" Tifa says, holding her stomach to control her laughter.

"And what do you mean "it sounded like"? We weren't loud!" 

"I heard you talking in your room, I assumed you were talking on the phone.... until I heard someone else's voice that sounded like Vincent  so I couldn't help but lean on the door and listen for a while," Tifa says in the most smug voice you've ever heard her do. 

To say the least, you were mortified. 

"J-Just..... don't tell anyone...... especially Yuffie or Marlene," you ask. You and Vincent didn't want anyone to know; you both agreed on that last night. "Please."

"Okay, I won't, I swear. I know Vincent would want that too." You look at her. She looks genuine. You let out a sigh of relief and drop your head. Then pop it back up with an angry expression.

"You were listening?!?" you shout at her. Tifa then explodes with laughter again as you look away, crossing your arms and letting out an annoyed huff.