Chapter 4 ~ The Rainy Ambush

Once I arrived at Little Whinging, I managed to find the Dursley's house and flew to Harry's window. Harry wasn't there, so I assumed he was outside somewhere. I opened his window and hid my broom and trunk under his bed. I climbed down and started walking towards a nearby playground. It was hot outside, so I was glad I was wearing a tank top and some shorts. But of course, I had tennis shoes on. Just in case I had to run.

I spotted Harry on a swing, reading a newspaper. I went over to him and he looked up at me. He dropped the newspaper and got up to hug me. I missed his hugs. We didn't speak. We just stood there, happy that we were once again reunited.

"I missed you, Harry," I spoke up. "Thanks for getting that haircut."

"I missed you, too," he replied. "Why didn't you write to me?"

"The question is, why didn't you write to me?"

"Long story."

"Same here."

"You first."

I sighed and then I sat down on the swing beside him. I waited for him to sit down before I began. "I saw Cedric. He looked like a ghost, really. Then I've been hearing voices and having nightmares. I've tried blocking them out, but I just can't."

"I'm sorry. A lot has happened to you, and you deserve to be happy for once."

"I know," I sniffled.

"But I'll help you get through this. I promise."

I smiled weakly then dropped the subject. "So what's going on with you?"

He sighed then replied. "Well, same thing that's been happening to you. I would scream Cedric's name in the middle of the night. When I wake up, my pillow would scare me for some reason."

"I guess we're going through the same stuff."

"Yeah."

We sat there on the swings for a while. We were alone the entire time until five boys came up to us. "Hey, Big D," Harry said. "Beat up another ten year old?"

"This one deserved it," the biggest boy out of all of them said.

"Who is that?" I asked Harry.

"Dudley. Our cousin," he replied while rolling his eyes at Dudley. "Wow. Five against one. Very brave."

"Well, you're one to talk. Moaning in your sleep every night? At least I'm not afraid of my pillow." The five boys laughed at Harry. "'Don't kill Cedric!' Who's Cedric, your boyfriend?"

"Shut up," I spoke up.

"Oh, who is this, Potter?" Dudley asked him, a bit curious now.

"Just leave us alone," Harry snapped.

"Oh, look! Potter's getting defensive!" Everyone laughed at him again. "Too bad your mum couldn't see this! Where is she, anyway, Potter? Is she dead?"

Harry's blood was boiling as he ran up to them and pressed his wand up Dudley's neck. His friends laughed at him while Dudley was eyeing the wand.

"Harry!" I shouted.

Suddenly, the sun went away. Clouds were coming, making the sky darker. Dudley was now looking at Harry. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not doing anything," he replied. The sky was getting darker by the minute. That was when we thought it was a smart idea to run, and we did.

We just made a run for it. We had no idea where we were going. It started to rain, so we ran under a bridge. The three of us were wet and cold.

"You okay, Max?"