Chapter 19 ~ More Bumps

"Are you two sure? I mean, in the past, you two have always been wrong about things..."

"When have we been wrong about things in the past, Hermione?" I asked her. Then I thought about it. "Don't answer that, actually."

Hermione and Ron were chasing Harry and I up the stairs back to the Gryffindor Tower. If we were going to save Sirius, I'd rather be in comfortable clothing.

"We saw it. It's just like Mr. Weasley. It's the same door we've been dreaming about for months."

"I remember seeing it before, it just took me this long to figure it out. Sirius said that Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have last time. Now we know it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"You two need to listen to me!" Hermione stopped us. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you two?"

"What if he is? We're supposed to just let him suffer and die? Hermione, he's the only family Max and I have left."

Hermione and Ron looked at each other and then back at us.

"What do we do?" Ron asked us.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Harry answered.

"But Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance," Hermione pointed out.

Harry stopped and groaned. "You're right."

We all sighed as we entered the Gryffindor Common Room.

Then it hit me. "Not all of them," I muttered.

"What is it, Max?" Harry asked.

"Umbridge would've had one chimney not under surveillance. Out of all of them, which one do you think it is?"

"The one in her office," Ron said.

"Exactly. Be back down here in five minutes."

Hermione and I parted ways with the boys as we went upstairs to change clothes. I was in a pair of jeans with a purple sweater on. I grabbed my wand and ran back downstairs with Hermione. The boys were already down there.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

*******

"Alohomora!" I shouted.

The door unlocked and we all headed inside while Ron closed the door behind us.

"Alert the Order, you two, if you can," Harry told Hermione and Ron.

"Are you mental? We're going with you," Ron protested.

"It's too dangerous," I retorted. "Harry and I are going alone."

Hermione bent down and looked at us. "When are you two going to get it into your heads? We're in this together!"

"That you are!" Shit. Umbridge caught us.

She pinned Harry and I to chairs, having my wand pressed against my back, as Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and some other Slytherins came in with Ginny, Luna, and Neville. Malfoy was bringing Neville in. "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl."

"Well done, Malfoy," Umbridge told him.

"Well done, Malfoy," I mocked her.

"Watch your mouth, Potter," she glared at me.

"You better listen to her," Malfoy commented.

"Shut up. I told you everything and all you did was run away from me."