Chapter 11 ~ A Crazy Idea and Reunions

I was in a deep sleep. I was finally at peace. It had been so long since I was able to sleep like this. It used to be that I would have nightmares and wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and panting. It was horrible. And just when I could finally sleep and be at peace with myself, someone woke me up.

It was Hermione. "Max, wake up," she whispered.

"Is it morning yet?" I asked her.

"No, just get up. I have an idea."

I groaned and got up. We went over to the dorms where the boys were sleeping and Hermione looked at me.

I gave her a funny look. "What?"

"Go get your brother and Ron," she said.

"Why me?"

"I'm not going in there," she scoffed in response.

I rolled my tired eyes and crept into the room. I shook Harry and told him to wake up. Then I went to Ron and whacked him upside the head with a pillow that was on the floor.

"Ow!" he grunted.

"Shush!" I said, "Hermione wants us downstairs. She sent me in here to wake you two up."

Ron groaned and reluctantly got out of bed, followed by Harry. We all followed Hermione downstairs into the Gryffindor Common Room. Ron sat in his chair, followed by Harry and I sitting on top of the desk beside him.

"You woke us up at three in the morning, so this better be good," Ron told her.

"Remember when we said that we needed someone to teach us how to defend ourselves?" she reminded us.

"That was four hours ago," I pointed out.

"Well, I know who can teach us," she said in excitement.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Harry and Max."

"What?!" we said at the same time.

"Oh, come on, you two! You know what it's like out there. What's the problem with teaching other students the things that you've done before?"

"Because, Hermione, that was all by pure luck. There was never a time where we actually defended ourselves," Harry replied.

"What about the Patronus Charm in third year?" she asked.

"Again, it was pure luck," I replied this time.

"Last year, when You-Know-Who returned?" Ron spoke up.

"That was..." I trailed off. "That's something I wish to forget." I didn't mean to say it so harshly, but I wanted that memory out of my head forever. "Sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that."

"No. I brought it up. It's my fault," Ron said.

"Back to the subject." Hermione cleared her throat. "What do you guys think?"

"Hermione, I know you think that Max and I are pretty good when it comes to defending ourselves out there, but that's not skill. We're just lucky when it comes to things like that." For once, Harry had a point.

"He's right," I added. "Plus, everyone hates us. They're not going to want us teaching them."

"But think about it. Out of all the students here, who has survived the Killing Curse? Who produced the most powerful Patronus Charm? That was you two. I know you can teach us how to defend ourselves."

I sighed and looked at my brother. "Well?"

"We'll think about it," he replied, turning back to Hermione.