Chapter 21

Itachi quietly slipped out of the room once he was absolutely certain that Naruto had fallen asleep. His family was waiting for him outside anxiously. Sasuke was the first to him with a sort of panicked expression on his face. "How is he? What is he doing on? Is he feeling sick? Oh my god I'm such a bad friend." Blurted out in one breath, staring at Itachi as he waited for answers. Mikoto gently pulled Sasuke away from Itachi to give him some space. Itachi dropped himself onto the hard plastic chairs and buried his face in his hands, rubbing his beautiful face wearily. "He's okay, he's okay. His going to be fine." Itachi muttered, he wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure his family or himself but either way it works.
"Did he say anything to you?" Mikoto asked softly, kneeling down in front of Itachi stroking his hair.
"He didn't tell us because he thinks that he would be a burden."
"Did he say anything else?" Fugaku asked, wanting to know if Naruto still loves Itachi because the elder uchiha knew that his son was madly in love with the sunshine.
"He didn't push me away... He said he liked it when I called his name... That's a good sign right?" Itachi asked softly, looking up at the rest.
"Yes my dear, it is." Mikoto reassured.
"How dare you all abandon me." A voice came from behind. It was their cousin obito being wheeled towards them. He took a look at Itachi before he said that Naruto was going to be fine. "How did you know Naruto?"
"What? Oh! We met by accident, like literally an accident. I was going to get hit by a car if he didn't push me out of the way. He didn't even blame the driver or anything, he just fussed about to make sure no one wasn't hurt even though he was the only one bleeding." Obito chuckled.
"Bleeding?" Sasuke prompted.
"Oh um, let's see... His arms and knees were scratched up badly from the floor, he also cushioned the impact so I may be have crushed him a bit. I don't know, he took off before anyone could tend to him. But we caught up, saw him in a cafe." Obito replied, tapping his armrest thoughtfully. Shisui, who wheeled him towards them was now put in the spotlight. They seem to silently question if Shisui knew him personally too. "Stop staring at me like that! Yes I know him geez. I met him when he was helping in the old folks home. It wasn't just a one time thing. He went there almost every single day! Plus, it was like multiple homes. And and what else? He went to orphanages too whenever he had time."
"How did you know that much?"
"Well I got curious... Plus I remembered seeing him with Sasuke. Loud and annoying, I wasn't expecting him to be so quiet and so gentle and lovable and caring and-"
"We get the hint mate." Obito said, looking up in amusement at shisui. The rest turned to the last remaining member. Obito's girlfriend. "I suppose you might have a story too. Since everyone seem to know him somehow..." Sasuke said, mumbling the last bit to himself. The woman blinked at them before she smiled softly. She turned away, looking at the door Naruto was behind. She quickly raised a hand to wipe a tear that fell. She laughed a little humourlessly at the confused and panicked expressions. "Let's not stand here." She suggested before turning sharply and heading towards the cafe in the prestigious hospital, not waiting to see if they were following her. "So... What's your story?" Shisui asked, his hand slipped into the handle of the cup. She looked at her coffee, the heart shaped pattern sitting on top. "I didn't tell you guys this. It's a little embarrassing actually." She started, tugging her sleeve back to show her scarred arm. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I stopped already." She apologised profusely, not looking up at them to see that they were look at her with worry not anger.
"Well, story goes like this, I was working at the orphanage home and, and he came in one day. Such a beautiful little boy, so quiet, so helpful. He wasn't this loud, it was because of some other reason - that isn't my story to tell. Anyways! I was really sad that one day and he noticed, just a small little 5 year old. He was the only one that noticed. Then he ended up checking up on me everyday until I was not allowed to help at the orphanage anymore. That stupid headmistress is such a b*. I swear to kami I will crush that fat ass of hers, mistreating Naruto, how dare she!" She shook her fist angrily.
"What else did he do? Save the world?" Obito joked, getting a soft laugh from his girlfriend. Laughter is the best medicine they say.