Lyfe

Vote beforehand please & thanks!

Daniella's POV

It's been an entire week since Kaydence has been gone and it was honestly taking a toll on me. I was so used to being up under him after getting home from work and everything just felt different. He called me once, the day before yesterday but not for long.

He said that he had to get transferred to a prison all the way in New York and that made this badder than what it was, he was so many miles away so it would be hard to even pay him a visit. He didn't speak much about what had led to all of this and I decided against asking although I really wanted to know.

I was in the dark, laying in bed thinking when my phone vibrated, indicating that someone was calling. I knew that it was him after looking at the 800 number come across the screen. I let the automated voice speak before accepting his call.

"Hello?" His deep voice came through the phone putting a smile on my face. "Hey, baby. How are you?"

"Shit, I'm missing you man.. Ima beat this shit, I'll be home soon bae. What's up with you?"

"I miss you too Kaydence and nothing, now that you're gone." My eyes welled up with tears.

"Ima be back.. I just got caught up in some shit." What shit? I thought. "Shit gone be straight." A knot formed in my throat and I quickly swallowed it.

"Dani?" I sniffled before responding to him. "I'm here."

"What you crying fa? Ima be home soon baby. Don't cry. I got this." He sounded so sure but how easy can it be to beat a murder case?

"I miss you Kaydence, and I-" I was about to tell him that I loved him but chose not to.

He sighed into the phone, "Listen Dani.. Just hold it down for me, I'll be home before Christmas. But baby, I need you to do somethin' for me"

"There's a safe in my room closet, gotta be at least 100 grand in there. Take that and hold on to it until I talk to moms. I gotta make sure y'all straight."

"But Kayde-"

"No 'buts' Daniella, the code is 5391, write it down." I sighed and got up to find a pen. "I gotta go now baby, please do what I said."

"I am Kaydence." I had a gut feeling not to do what he had just ordered. I didn't need his money, I had my own.

"Okay, good. I gotta go baby. 5391, remember." He hung up and I placed my phone on my nightstand before going into my closet.

Kaydence was a smart man but still yet, he hadn't gained my trust. I knew he was a street nigga and I knew what came with him. Money, power, respect to say the least. I didn't know how he could trust me enough to put me in charge of such a large amount of money, I knew there had to be something behind it.

Kaydence's POV

They sentenced me with life without parole and I didn't even know how to break that shit down for my mama. I didn't tell her anything about my court dates so she wouldn't pop up so no one knew about this shit but me.

They transferred me over to a prison in NY and this shit was even worse than jail. There was no way in hell I could sit up in here for the rest of my life. I ain't put nothing on my stomach for an entire week, it was like my appetite was just gone. I just wanted to be home.

I got Marvin to get my front door fixed and he went ahead and hired me a lawyer, I'd pay him back when I touched down, if I ever did. I was in this bitch lonely as hell and there wasn't nothin' that could save me.

Me and my cell mate, Peedy were in our cell just talking about street shit like we had been doing for the pass few nights. He was from Florida and had hella charges under his belt. He told me that he had got his weight up down south just to land in jail and how he had three kids at home and one on the way. We shared stories about family, the drug business, and damn near everything else, that's all we could do.

"I do feel like they'll give you an appeal though man." Peedy stated from the bottom bunk. These things were uncomfortable as fuck, no cushion whatsoever.

"I hope so yo, if they don't let me outta here I'm fucking everything up, Ima make my time count." I said. He chuckled but I was dead ass serious.

"That's the wrong thing to do. The guards pay attention. Say you do get an appeal, if you in here fighting and shit they can get it denied." I took in what he said and didn't respond.

"You young as fuck man, got a whole life ahead of you. Don't let jail be your home forever.. You can get out of here." He reminded me. Him and doing these push-ups were the only thing keeping my mind off of flashing out. "You right" I said, turning over on my back and looking up and the dingy ceiling.

"Ay, but when I do get out. Ima make sure I leave my number with you.. I'm help you out bro." I promised. It was a must that I at least threw him a couple of thousands.

"Nah, don't worry about me. I'll be straight."

"It's the least that I can do, I gotta put you on my connect or something. I want somebody who knows what they're doing to get big cause as soon as I get out, I'm leaving that shit alone."

"I'm good man but I could never leave the game alone.. Too much bread to be made, I need it all. It's like my strange addiction."

"I feel ya." I said, agreeing with him. "You know any niggas from my city?"

"Bout 3 or 4, all of em pinned up in here too. When we go out to the yard, I'll show you. You probably know em."

Wesley's POV

Me and my right hand man were in front of Kaydence's house, my dad. He knew and understood how bad I wanted Daniella and agreed with me when I said I need this dude gone so I could get my fiancé back, marry her, and start a family.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked as we got out of my car and started up his driveway. The house looked dark from the outside but I was sure he was here.

"4 car garage, this guy is livin'" My dad said, looking around as we walked to the side of the house. "Sure he is. Not for long." I chucked and tried looking through the windows but everything was pitch black.

"Oh shit, there's a car coming up!" I ran towards the front of the house and peeked around the corner, Dani's white on white Mercedes was now in the driveway. This is what I least expected.

Will Kaydence ever get out? Who do y'all think the guys in prison are???? What's gonna happen with Dani and Wesley? Who is his dad? Just wait and seeeee!