Sparks

Ian's POV

It had been a couple days since your group hang out/double date and you still hadn't called (Y/N) yet. You didn't know how to really "do" relationships. Although it had really been love at first sight for you, you weren't quite sure  how she felt about you. You thought that she liked you but you didn't want to call and make a complete desperate loser out of yourself. You tried to not be a pussy about most things but when it came to this girl, you were almost afraid to talk to her. It wasn't that she was scary, it was that your feeling for her were very strong. You had never felt this way about anyone before and if there was a chance you two could be together, you didn't want to mess it up.

You figured that it was probably a good idea to take your mind off of (Y/N) for a while. You decided to make a quick video. Half way through filming Kickstarter Crap, you began to think of her again. You decided to go on Facebook for a while. Seeing your friends, Jordan, Max, and Chad, with their girlfriends made you a little jealous. As you were scrolling through your feed, you had a weird thought. You began typing (Y/N)'s name into the search bar and looked for her profile. You didn't normally do this for any of your crushes, but you simply wanted to know more about her. If that meant stalking her on Facebook, then so be it. You finally found her profile after going through three pages of people who had her same name. Her profile was public and hadn't been used in three years. You looked through her pictures and saw a guy in almost all of them. You did some more investigating and learned that it was Christopher. You had heard about him through Summer but had never seen him. He was definitely better looking than you and he seemed like an overall better guy. You had to admit that you were a little intimidated by him. You looked through his profile and saw that he was pretty active. He still had old pictures of (Y/N). You wondered if he still had feelings for her or if he just hadn't gotten around to deleting them. You went back to (Y/N)'s profile and were surprised by what you had seen. She seemed like a basic bitch, which was a definite turn off. She seemed completely different online than in person and it kind of freaked you out. Although it was three years ago, you couldn't help but wonder if that was the real her and you were just too blinded by your intense feelings to know it. What if you were just in love with the idea of her and not the real her?

You were getting too freaked out by your own thoughts. You quickly got off her profile and began to call Summer. You two had become pretty close considering she was dating one of your closest friends. You thought that if anyone would know the real (Y/N), it would be her. As the phone was ringing you realized that it was bad idea but before you could hang up she said,

"Hello? Ian?"

"Uh yea, sorry to bother you I was just uh calling to—"

"Get some info on (Y/N)?" It was almost as if she read your mind.

"How did you know what I was going to say that? You're kinda freaky"

"Please Ian, your not the first guy to call me about her. I see the way you look at her and I just figured that you'd call eventually."

"Oh. Really? Well how many guys have called you about her?" You asked with a concerned and jealous tone.

"Oh calm down. Not that many, but a couple. She's a pretty quiet girl and kind of hard to get to know."

"Oh." You said, trying to be as relieved as possible.

"So what do you wanna know about her? I mean I pretty much know everything, so I could give you the basics unless there's anything specific."

"Uh yea. Ok, the basics would be nice, I guess." You honestly felt so weird about this whole conversation but it was too late to back out now.

"Ok well, she is really emotional and she cries at everything. She used to live in New York and she was a photographer for some magazine. Um. She doesn't really like dating and she prefers being in a relationship. Her last boyfriend, Christopher, was two years ago and they dated for five years, I think? Yea five years. She loves animals, especially dogs and she had a turtle but it died. Uh. She's really competitive and is a poor sport when she doesn't win. She holds grudges forever, so don't fuck it up with her or she'll probably hate you forever. Let's see what else? Well...I mean that's all I can think of off the top of my head."

"Wow. Um ok. Thanks that's actually really helpful."

"Oh and Ian, don't hurt her. I see the way she looks at you and if you were to break her heart, I think it would totally crush her." And with that, she hung up.

Summer had given you a lot of information but it didn't really help. The only part that helped was when she said not to hurt her, which you would never purposefully do. You weren't good at relationships, especially long term relationships. You wanted to be with her but you just didn't know if it would work out. But you thought, sometimes you gotta take a leap of faith. You couldn't believe that you just said that to yourself. It was a total cliché and it just downright sounded gay, but you thought what the hell and dialed (Y/N)'s number. As you waited for her to pick up, you felt a knot in your stomach. When she picked up and you heard her voice, the knot turned into butterflies.

"Hello?"

"Uh hey (Y/N), it's Ian."

"I know, I have caller ID." She said with a laugh

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a real date? With me." You tried to sound as confident as possible even though you felt like you were going to throw up.

"Really?" She said with a confused and shocked tone that was followed by a laugh.

"Yea of course I want to go out with you. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't" You said while laughing. She made you feel a little calmer.

"Then yes, I will go out on a real date with you." She sounded happy and bubbly and it just made you feel the exact same way. You didn't know what to expect on this date but you were excited to find out. So what if she wasn't what you expected? You liked surprises and you definitely liked her. Well you more than liked her, you pretty much loved her.