Not For All The Love In The World

4 Months Later
You hadn't seen or spoken to Ian since he said that you guys needed a break. It had been four months and you were lost without him. You had poured yourself into your work. Summer and Jordan were married a month after your break up. Since you were the made of honor and he was the best man, you were forced to walk down the aisle together but you didn't speak. As badly as you wanted to talk to him, you thought it was best to just give him time. You used to think that if two people loved each other, why couldn't they just be together? You always thought love was supposed to be simple and easy, in reality it was anything but. You tried to get information on him from Jordan, but he never said much.

Ian's POV
You divulged yourself into YouTube but not even that could distract you from thinking about (Y/N). You knew that you made a mistake but you didn't know what she wanted. How could she do that to you? Yes, you should have said that you loved her sooner but that couldn't have been the reason for kissing Chris. Why did she kiss him? You didn't know the answers but you had your assumptions. Maybe she needed to see if she was really over him. Maybe they were caught up in the moment. Maybe it was because of what he said. You had over heard a little of their conversation. All you got was that he didn't want to keep her from following her dreams or something. After the party, you asked Summer what it meant and she told you the whole story. You were shocked that Chris would do that. It's something that you'd never done to any girl. You understood why he did it, though. (Y/N) was special. She was different than anyone you had ever met. She was funny, smart, caring, and sometimes bitchy. You didn't exactly know what it was about her that made you love her. You just couldn't pin point it. It was just how she was. It was how her eyes would get squinty when she smiled and how she laughed at everything. It was how she looked at you and how she rolled her eyes. It was pretty much everything about her. You had recently gone to Australia for a full month this time. You filmed videos and spent time with your friends. It was a good distraction, but it didn't last forever. You were editing a video when you were sent a text. It was from Summer and she said,

"Can you come over to the house today? It's important!!"

"Yea, Is everything ok?"

"Yep, we just need you to come over."

You didn't know what she was planning, but knowing her it was probably something ridiculous.

Your POV
You had gotten a text from Jordan asking you to go to the house. You figured that it had something to do with Summer. Jordan didn't text you that often, but when he did it was usually important. As you drive to their house, you began to get jealous of them. They had the perfect marriage, perfect house, and the overall perfect life. You wondered if you would ever have what they have. You had once hoped that you and Ian could have something amazing, but that hope was long gone by now. As you pulled up to their driveway, you noticed Ian's silver jeep parked on the street. A rush of anxiety and excitement came over you. You sat in the car for a couple of minutes, collecting your thoughts. This is a set up. Why are they doing his to you? You were actually kind of glad they were doing it because it wouldn't have happened otherwise. You got out of your car and walked up the driveway, you knocked on the door and Ian opened it immediately.

"Hey." You said with a melancholic tone.

"Hey." He said back while stepping aside for you to come in.

"Oh perfect you're here!" Summer said in an excited but also evil villain voice. Jordan was just sitting there, he looked like he was being forced to do this by Summer.

"Well come sit guys...You and Ian on that couch and I'll sit with Jordan." She said while gesturing you towards the couch.

"What are you trying to do?" You asked Summer in a somewhat bitchy tone.

"Look, you guys obviously aren't going to get back together on your own. You need some encouragement."

You and Ian looked at each other but said nothing. You were at a loss for words and so was he.

"In all honesty, I thought you guys would come here and see each other and just fall back in love, but I see it's going to take more than that."

You two continued to sit in silence. You wanted to tell him that you missed him and that you still lived him, but you just couldn't find the right words.

"Ian, you know, you haven't said anything since you got here." It was clear that Summer had no plan here.

"I don't know what to say." Ian said very fast and straightforwardly.

"How about you tell (Y/N) how you feel?" It'll really get the ball rolling and help me out here, Summer said.

As Ian looked at you, you got up and went to the backyard. You didn't want Ian to be forced into talking to you. You wanted him to talk to you because he wanted to and it was clear he didn't even want to be there. You sat on the edge of the pool, criss cross applesauce. A tear fell down your face but you just wiped it away. You sensed someone coming near you. You looked over and it was Ian. He sat down next to you as you said,

"What? Did Summer force you to come out here?"

"No."

"Then what? What do you want?"

"I want you." He said with a smile.

"You can't do that. You can't break up with me and then say a sweet line and act like everything will be ok."

"I know. I'm sorry, I made a mistake and I wish that I could take it back but you did hurt me (Y/N)."

"I know, and I'm sorry for that. You hurt me too, you know. We probably could have worked it out."

"I know."

"You keep saying that you know, but what do you actually know?"

"I know that I fucked up and I know that we could've worked past it. I know that I'm in love with you and I want to be with you. I've never even said that to anyone but I really do mean it. You're the one."