It's You

It was a couple hours before the engagement party. You started getting ready but you were interrupted by a text from Ian.

"Hey (Y/N), I'm coming home early. Can you pick me up at the airport in an hour?"

You were completely shocked. He was supposed to be in Australia for a month and instead he was coming home after two weeks. And on top of that he was landing in an hour. You felt like something was wrong, but you didn't know what. Perth to San Diego was apparently a 22 hour flight. What could have happened in the past 22 hours, you wondered. Was it possible that he just wanted to see you? Probably not, you thought. You replied back,

"Yea. Why are you coming home so early? Is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine. Just missed you. Plus the engagement party is tonight."

"Ok" You had no idea what else to say. You felt like saying "IM IN LOVE WITH YOU IAN!!!" but you didn't want to say it through text. It was finally time to woman up and say it, though. In an hour you will probably tell him that you love him, that is, unless you pussy out. You finished putting on some makeup and put on sweat pants, figuring that Ian would want to change as well.

As you drove to the airport, you practiced saying "I love you". You had never been more nervous in your life, but you had also never been more sure of anything in your life. You eventually parked your car and made your way to his gate. You turned around and there he was. It felt like you had butterflies in your stomach, but way better. You two crashed into each others lips and arms. You felt like saying it in between kisses, but you didn't. When you eventually broke the hug, you two walked out holding hands.

After you guys had gotten back to your apartment. He set down his things and you immediately jumped into his arms. He then carried you to the bedroom. You two made love, but had to cut it short. The party was at 6:00 and it was already 5:00. You two eventually got ready. You were wearing a lavender dress with nude heels, your hair was straightened and your makeup was a smokey eye with a light pink lip. Ian was wearing a maroon button up with black pants.

As Ian was driving to the party, you debated telling him that you loved him then. You ultimately decided to wait u too the perfect moment. You suddenly remembered that Chris would be there too. You didn't know what you were going to say to him. Maybe you wouldn't see him. It was pretty likely that you would though. You wanted to confront him about going to New York, but you thought it would be an inappropriate time to do so.

Once you finally got to the party, a wave of nervousness rushed over you. Summer and Jordan greeted you and Ian, and then left to go mingle with other guests. You went to get a drink to calm your nerves a little, but that's when you saw him. Chris was getting a drink as well. He looked nice, he was wearing a navy blue button up and black pants. He looked at you and smiled, you couldn't help but do the same. Ian was somewhere else talking to other guests. You figured that this was your best chance to ask him about New York.

"Hey, can we go outside for a minute?" You asked quietly.

"Yea, of course." He was still smiling.

The backyard was lit up with fairy lights in the trees and floating tea lights  in the pool.

"So what's going on?" He asked.

You took a deep breath before saying, "Is it true that you went to New York for me two weeks after we broke up?"

He was caught off guard by the question but he answered, "Yea. I went but I realized it was a mistake and so I came back home."