These Days

Three Months Later

It had been three amazing months since your first date with Ian. It had seemed like you two were on cloud 9. You spent almost everyday together, when you weren't working. It was safe to say that you guys were pretty much in love. Neither of you had really ever said it out loud. You felt as if you didn't need to say it, he should just know that you love him. Thinking about it, it sounded ridiculous. You hadn't said those three little words to someone in a long time. You wondered if Ian had felt the same too. Why couldn't he just say it first and get it over with? Maybe he didn't love you. All these insecurities rushed through your head until you got a text from Summer. It was a picture and a message, it read:

 It was a picture and a message, it read:

"JORDAN AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!💍💘❤️🎉"

Your jaw completely dropped. You were in utter shock. Instead of feeling happy for your friend, you were mad at her. You didn't know why. Maybe it was jealousy or maybe it was because you couldn't stand the thought of her getting married before you. You had always thought that you would marry first. You didn't want to get married right now anyways, but it was still unsettling. Why couldn't you just be happy for her? What is wrong with you, she's your best friend.

"OMG CONGRATS!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!❤️"

You really did mean what you wrote...to a certain extent. She then called you.

"You will never believe how he did it!" You could hear the enthusiasm in her voice, it kind of sickened you.

"How'd he do it" You said, trying to sound happy.

"Well he has been acting strange all day and then when we were at the beach, the box just fell out of his pocket! He then just got down on one knee and said the sweetest things! I cried, he cried, it was perfect."

"So it was an accidental proposal?" You said, trying not to sound as bitchy as you wanted too.

"Well I guess you could put it that way. But maybe it was suppose to happen. Like the ring was meant to fall out and it was a sign for him to propose to me right then and there! I mean everything happens for a reason, right? I know it sounds cliché, but maybe it was just the universes way of making it happen."

"Well that's one way of putting it." You actually took what she said to heart. 'Everything happens for a reason' it was a cliché but you liked that she said it. It made you feel less bitter about the whole situation.

"(Y/N), will you be my maid of honor? I know it's kind of soon to ask but your my best friend. Plus we want to get married soon anyways. Why wait, ya know?"