CH.11: I'll Never Forget You

It's already Wednesday, my court date. I'm a bit nervous for all of the questions and everything, but I'm going to be fine as long as Zeke is next to me.

The school day went by fast. I quickly went home and changed in my court clothes. Harry was going to bring me since Zeke was going to be a bit late. I hope Zeke comes quick so it won't be so awkward with me waiting.

I was finally there. I sat in the seat and waited for Zeke to come.

An hour passed and he still isn't here. I called him five times, but no answer. Maybe he's on the road. Today is a disgusting day with the down pouring rain. I hope he's okay.

Two hours passed now. I was now getting pisses that he still isn't here and didn't answer.

My phone rang and it was Anne. I guess I'll pick up to see if she knows where Harry is.

"Hello?" I spoke in the phone.

All I heard was snuffling. I think Anne is crying.

"Olivia?" she finally says.

"Is everything okay?!" I said.

"No. Zeke is in the hospital. He got into a really bad car accident."

She stopped and cried some more.

"They think he's dying." Anne finally admits.

I'm frozen. The phone slide out of my hand and onto the ground. I couldn't move. Shock rushed through me. My brother, dying. The person who protected me the most. The person who was there to help me get through my parents. I just got on the floor and cried. I knelt down to the cold floor and cried. I couldn't stop.

Harry ran in and grabbed me. I can't see him the way he is. I can't. Harry rushed to the hospital and both of us cried.

I ran in and asked for Zeke's room number. They gave me it and I ran up.

I barged into his room and I see him. Eye's squinting and face pale as a ghost. He held out his hand and I went towards him, holding it. He wiped my tears away and whispered, "Don't cry."

I shook my head and just looked at him.

"I love you. Don't forget that. I dont think I can hold on any longer."

The words that I never wanted to hear, ecpescially from him.

"It's going to be different without me. Harry will protect you now. I know it's not the same. I will always protect you in a way I can. I will watch over you and help you from above. Make sure you marry someone who will treat you like a princess and love you forever. Nothing less. I know I can't meet him physically, but know that I'll meet him. Harry will do all the threatening for me."

I cried as he kept talking.

"I love you."

"I love you more. I will never forget you. You are the best brother anyone could have. Thank you. I can't see you struggle any more. I know you are trying your best to stay here. You don't need to anymore. I will love you forever and always."

He smiled and kissed my hand. I smiled at him weakly and I heard a long beep. His heart. His heart stopped. I fell on top of him and cried, hard and loud. Harry tried to peel me off of him, but it didn't work.

"No!" I yelled.

"No. Come back! I need you. I need you, Zeke. Please come back." I cried.

"She needs to leave." one of the nurses told Harry.

"No. He needs me. I can't. I need him here with me!" I cried.

Harry held my in his arms and walked out.

This can't be happening. This can't. It's all a joke. He can't just die. I need him. Who do I turn to now?

I cried hard and Harry looked at me, his eye's bloodshot red with tears rolling down his face.

"It'll be ok. I promise." he said in a weak voice.

I didn't say anything back, except cry in his shoulder. I feel like that was all I could do.