Chapter Nineteen - Dance

Play song to the side when instructed. Song will be in the side. If you can't access it, link will be left in a comment.

3....

 2....

  1....

~Chapter Nineteen - Dance~

The next day at school I felt pretty crappy.

Why?

Because I hadn't slept all night. I had tossed and turned thinking about Noah and how I felt like I had made a huge mistake with Logan. It wasn't the same between us anymore. I kind of felt like I was walking on broken glass, and I just didn't love him like that anymore. Like we had lost everything we once had, including the trust.

I was actually starting to question why I had fallen for him in the first place. I mean, sure, I had thought he was the perfect boyfriend, but now I realized that he had used me throughout the relationship. Walked all over me, just like Noah had warned me he would.

At lunchtime, I went to the bathroom and washed my hands and face, trying to clear my mind of all of the thoughts and doubts poking at me. I was hoping somehow my mind would erase itself of all the doubt and just return to the normal loving-and-adoring Logan. I had to put Noah to the back of my mind, because any liking he had felt towards me would most likely have completely stopped after I had shown up to school boasting Logan on my arm.

I stopped as I spotted something on the basin. Sitting on the bench-top was a note with my name on it, as well as a white rose lying next to it. I frowned at it and opened up the note, curious of its contents.

Meet me on the rooftop.

I looked around the bathroom to make sure nobody else was in there - any other girl called Marley - before pocketing the note and stepping into the crowded hallways where all of the juniors and seniors were headed off to lunch, since we had different lunchtimes to sophomores and freshmen.

The way I saw this, there were two options:

a)                    Pretend I had never seen the note and return to my lunch table. Or,

b)                    Satiate my curiosity and follow the note's instructions to the rooftop, just to see what was up there. No one ever went to the rooftop.

I think we all know which option I was going to choose.

I hitched my satchel higher on my shoulder and started for the doors.

When I stepped out onto the sunny campus, I looked around to make sure no one was watching, before scurrying towards the science wing.

When I made it inside, I snuck through the corridors—since it was against school rules to be here during lunch hour. I felt like a ninja or spy, ducking in and out of alcoves in my haste to get to the familiar door. Seriously, I should make this into a career, or something. Sneaking seemed to be my forte.

Inside the science wing was a door leading to the stairwell. That stairwell led to the rooftop.

Slowly, I opened the door and stepped into the humid stairwell, where it was hot and sweaty and sticky. I quickly checked behind me to make sure no one was there, before closing it and starting up the stairs.

Nervousness twisted my stomach as I climbed higher. I had no idea what to expect when I walked up the stairs. I hesitated briefly on the top step, my hand lingering on the metal doorknob that would lead me onto the rooftop. What if this was all just some stupid prank? (Author's Note: Haha, flashback to Pranking the Bad Boy xD)