Chapter Twenty-One - Betrayal

******PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END! IT'S URGENT!******

~Chapter Twenty-One - Betrayal~

Logan’s POV –

“I can’t do this anymore, Logan.”

I froze as her words sunk in. I stared at Marley, trying to process those words. “I…”

“Look, it’s not you, it’s me,” she said. “It just wasn’t working out.”

“Why? What did Fordman say?” I growled, stepping forward. We were perfect yesterday! Noah must’ve gotten to her somehow. I just knew it.

“Noah didn’t say anything,” she replied, her body slightly trembling from anger. I had always admired her strength, but not right now. Right now I just wanted her to be weak and non-argumentative.

“He said something,” I persisted. I just knew it. “Whatever he said, he lied to you!”

“Logan, please,” she whispered, her eyes skimming around, obviously noticing all the people who were beginning to hear our argument. “You need to calm down.”

“Calm down?” I seethed. “No, I won’t calm down! Noah brainwashed you. What did he say?” I stepped forward, leering over her. “What did he do?”

“Nothing!” she repeated firmly. “This was my decision.”

“You can’t break up with me!” I told her. “You belong to me!”

Something unidentifiable flashed in her eyes.

“I don’t belong to you!” she replied. “I’m not a possession! I can’t be owned. We’re done, Logan.”

She turned on her heel to walk away, but she wasn’t leaving that easily. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She was delusional if she thought I was just going to let her leave like that. “We’re not done here,” I growled harshly.

She feebly tried to yank her arm out of my grasp, and her voice rose an octave in panic and anger. “Yes, we are!”

“You’re not leaving me, Marley,” I told her sternly. “Marley, come on. Think this through. Without me, you would be nothing. No one would even know your name.”

I knew that she knew that was true. Without me, she was nothing. Just a weedy girl in need of a new wardrobe. Seriously, who wore bootleg jeans anymore? Maybe some people thought her cluelessness in the fashion department was cute, but she had the worst fashion sense of a girl I’d ever met.

“I don’t care,” she replied, her eyes narrowing to slits. “Let me go. We’re done.”

“I’m not letting you go this easily.”

“Logan, let me go! We’re through!” she said, her voice rising loudly. “Let. Me. Go!”