Abigail

"You two are what?" Melody yelled.

"I guess we're together now." I said. It was another Friday night just hanging around. She was on her bed and I was on the floor.

"You two are what?" She said with even more anger.

"Melody, I thought you would be okay with it, I'm so sorry."

"No, no," she said putting both of her hands in the air, "I'm perfectly fine."

"You are not 'perfectly fine.'" I said saying exactly what she said.

"Grant!" She yelled like she did when she found out we were 'fake dating' a long time ago.

"Yes?" He asked coming through the opened the with his hand on the back of his head. His face was a mix of scared and embarrassed, which was actually pretty funny.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Ariel were dating?" She yelled once more.

"Ariel's always the one to tell you stuff, so I just let her tell you."

"Hey!" I yelled.

"He's right." Melody said.

"Is today 'everyone get on Ariel's ass' or something?" I yelled.

"What about Abigail?" Melody asked.

"Who's Abigail?" I asked in return.

"Abigail was nothing." Grant said, ignoring me.

"I thought you two really hit it off!" Melody yelled, also ignoring me.

"Who's Abigail?" I asked again only loader.

"You don't know anything!" Grant yelled, still ignoring me.

"I thought you loved her!" Melody yelled which made Grant silent.

"L-love?" I asked and was the only things I could get out of my mouth. I grabbed my shoes and walked out the door.

"Ariel-" Grant tried to say but nothing else came out of his mouth because I was already out the front door before he could say anything else.

I closed the door and I just stood there, taking it all in. Grant loves someone. I'm no match to that. I, am not worth all the time spent when he should be with someone he loves.

I instantly start crying. I start running home. I couldn't breathe between running and crying, but I did it until I reached my bed.

I knew, never to cry in public.