Chapter Two

It was morning, and we all sat down at the dining room table.
A beautiful dark wood table. It was polished as it glowed with the sun rays shining upon it. The dining room in all, had cream colored walls with golden rims and patterns that stretched across the whole room. It matched perfectly.

Breakfast was just served, bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

Everyone was looking at each other, and I turn to see Dallas staring at me the whole time. I could feel his deep stare

I began to feel myself feeling nervous as I tried to avoid eye contact with him.

"So, Davis family," Thomas smiled, "How was your first night?" He looked at me, then at mom, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you." Riley looked down as she continued to eat her food in silence

"Yes, thank you Thomas." Mom smiled at him as she began to eat aswell

I was still focused on Dallas who still continued to stare at me. What is his problem?! Is that guy really my future husband-

Wait a minute.

"Hey!" I suddenly yelled, "Someone tell me why i'm going to marry that guy?!" I pointed to Dallas who just stared, "Who decided this?! I didn't say I agreed to this!"

"Quinn, Please-" Mom said as she looked at Thomas with nervousness

"Well, Quinn," Thomas had a serious emotion that appeared kind of frightening, "Your mother, even your father, and I had this conversation a long time ago."

"What? Even dad..why?" I looked at Thomas for an answer, I was confused but anxious

"I entrust you as Cassie's daughter to my son as a husband." He looked at mom

"Also, We are guarenteed future in-laws whom I trust..and with him  and I having ties, we see it as a guarantee of security and proper treatment for you as a young wife among Dallas. They will not treat you as an outsider." Mom smiled, "We haven't thought for Riley, because she wasn't born yet."

What?

"I promise you honey," Mom smiled, "We wouldn't just let you be with someone  random, it's just you've known each other since you were kids-"

"I didn't even recognize who he was when I first saw him," I gave an evil glare at Dallas, "Besides, he's a no-good-lying playboy. He's not someone who I'd want to marry."

Dallas continued to just stare, he didn't say anything.

"You put me into a family that would guarantee my security? The hell? I don't need help from anybody!" I stared at Thomas in the eyes

Dallas continued to stare, with no emotion.

"I'm only seventeen!" I rolled my eyes, "I still have my whole life! I don't want to get married now.. I'm still young..."

After awhile Dallas sighed in annoyance as he slammed both hands on the table and stood up. He walked over to me and looked down

"You're really annoying, you know that?" He continued to stare, "Stop complaining and acting like a child. Just accept we're getting married and that's it." He turned back at everyone else, "Thank you for breakfast. I'm going to school."

"Okay Dallas." Thomas just stared in shock as he saw him walk out the kitchen

Childish? Annoying?!

"What is his problem?!" I slammed the table with my fist, "He's such a- Ugh! How am I going to marry that?!" I stormed out the kitchen quickly and went upstairs