Chapter Four

(I will soon begin to switch between Mark and Jack's POV. )

...

Jack's POV

Something feels off, my bed is stiffer, the air is stuffier. Also, something tickled my nose, a prickly little itch... I brought my hand up to scratch it, but my hand only met a big tuft of hair- that I'm pretty sure isn't mine- and got stuck in it. A soft groan escaped into the air and my whole body froze, everything by my eyes. My eyes shot open and looked down at the body next to me.

"What the fuck."

I jumped out of my skin, falling off the bed and hitting the cold, hard-wood flooring. A small head of blond hair peeped up from the sheets at me, rubbing their eyes.

"You okay, babe?" Julian's rough, prepubescent-sounding voice cut through my mind. The thoughts in my head began to race at a thousand thoughts per second, a never ending loop of 'What the fuck is going on' questions running laps in my head.

Dumbfounded, I nodded. "Uh, yeah."

Whoa-ly shit, Mark's voice is deep.

His voice practically bellowed out of my mouth- his mouth.

Julian had fallen back asleep, not minding the absence of his boyfriend. My mind nearly choked on that thought. Boyfriend.

This has gotta be some really weird trip.

I felt a surge of panic run through me as it dawned on me that, holy shit, I am in Mark's body. A question itched into my brain... If I'm in Mark's body, then... where is Mark?

Looking down at myself I realized, much to my surprise, I didn't have any clothing on... at all. Luckily, Mark had the decency to strip all in one spot. My face contorted in disgust as I slipped on his boxers and the rest of his clothing. I tried to be as silent as possible, not wanting to wake my equally as naked lover up from his slumber. Out of habit I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my -his- jeans to straighten them out and pulled out something small and cold.

It's... the charm that Bao-Zhi had given me, but what is it doing in Mark's pant pocket?

Knock knock knock

My eyes darted to Julian, who didn't seem to stir. I walked over to the door and flung it open, my face meeting my own, real, face.

"What the-"

"Fuck?" I finished his sentence. I pushed Mark out into the hallway and gently shut the door behind us.

"What in god's name is going on?" he asked in a hushed, panicked voice.

I began pacing around the hallway, unsure of what to do. Then I remembered the charm and pulled it out of my pocket again. I held it up to Mark's face.

"Why do you have this?!" I asked, him freezing in front of me. Mark didn't say a word, but instead brought his wrist up to meet my face. The same charm that I had gotten was still hanging on my wrist. Man, is it weird seeing yourself third person...

"I was goin' to ask you the same question..."

...

Mark's POV
Earlier that morning

Great, I thought as I rolled onto my side, Julian left again.

His bed now felt empty, as apposed to last night. I hate it when he does this. I hate him most of the time if I'm being honest with myself. All we ever did was meet up and fuck, calling it a relationship. I suppose I do love him in a way, but whether or not he felt the same was another story.

I pressed my palms into my eyes.

I should just be lucky that someone gives me the time of day- or, night, in this case- to be in my company. This never would have happened back home, where everyone hated the fag, where everyone thought I brought disgrace to the Fischbach name. I had to stop myself thinking, because if I didn't I would make myself sick on my memories. No matter where in the world I am, my mother's ice-cold words always sent a fist right into my stomach.

'You will never be a part of this family,' her brown eyes sending daggers through my heart. 'you're dead to me, and your father.'

A shiver passed over my body, causing me to huddle into the blankets more. Hopefully Julian would be back soon...

I opened my eyes and I brought the blanket closer to me. They felt different, smelled different. Not like Juilian...

"Am I dreaming?" I mumbled out loud to myself, rubbing my eyes again. When I pulled them away I saw arms that were much smaller, much paler, than my own. I jumped back, hitting my head against the wall. "I have to be dreaming."

Frantically, I whipped my head around to survey the room I was in. It was, essentially, the same as Julian's, but... different. Everything is different. Boxes lined the wall next to me and about three suitcases were stuffed in the corner. Looking down at the blanket again I saw it was a dark, olive green colour rather than Julian's light blue one.

As my eyes met the mirror on the open wardrobe door I felt every last bit of my soul escape from my body.

Jack's body.

"What in the hell is going on?!" I shouted at the reflection in the mirror, getting up and tripping over the blanket to get a closer look. I jumped slightly at the high pitched voice that came out of my mouth, immediately shutting my mouth. The edge of the door pressed into my hand as I gripped it tighter, shaking my head over and over a million times. My voice was thickly covered in confusion.  "No, no, no, no... This isn't happening. T-there's no way..."

Quickly, I dug through his drawer, looking for a shirt and decent pants to put on. All this man had gone to bed in was a pair of flamingo shorts, for fucks sake. Not that I fell asleep wearing anything better. My heart dropped again as I thought about it. If Jack is waking up the same as me then he is going to be a little more acquainted with me than he would like to be...

Given, I'm sure were both more acquainted than before at this point.

I grunted as the t-shirt got caught on my arm, shoving it through harshly. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a small, shiny charm and red string hanging around his wrist. My eyebrows quirked as I took a closer look. It's the same thing I had gotten the other day, but, I'm sure I didn't leave it anywhere. Certainly no where Jack- of all people- would be able to get their hands on it.

'That's it,' I thought. 'I have to find him.'

...

And there we have it! What ever will Mark and Jack do? What will Julian think? Yikes... I'd hate to be in their position. Thank you for reading another chapter! Let me know what you think about making the chapters shorter! :D