Chapter Nine

Mark

Slowly, Jack moved away from me, his mouth hung open in surprise. His eyes, wide and blue, stared into mine for the first time since he caught me with Julian that morning. I didn't realize how long it had been, or how long it felt. 

I looked down at my arms and legs lying beneath me as a sense of relief washed over my body. Jack stood from the bed and muttered to himself, but I couldn't hear him. The room was filled with ambient noise and birds chirping outside the window, birds that normally I would hate the sound of but love now that I'm hearing them with my own ears. 

Jack looked at me and ran a hand through his hair. His face was red, but not a blush red, more of the sort of splotchy-ness one gets when they didn't sleep right. I gulped. 

"Uh." We both choked out at the same time. Everything felt strange, which was strange itself due to the fact that we had been talking together for weeks with no problem. Now that we have our own selves back it's like we're strangers. 

For a brief moment, my mind flickered back to Julian. It started to swell in my mind that we weren't together anymore, like really weren't together. I thought that maybe since I'm me again he would take me back, but quickly realized that he didn't know in the first place what had happened. 

Jack bit his lip and started towards me, seemingly unsure of his movement. 

"I, um," he started. Taking a deep breath, he tried again. "Hi. I'm Jack, I don't think we have formally met." 

I looked at him a moment and tilted my head, but it didn't take long before a smile spread across my face and I began laughing at him. 

"Are you kidding me? Dude, dude, really?" I exclaimed, sitting back down on the bed as I snorted. His face contorted from a scared one, to a confused one, to a pissed-off-and-trying-not-to-laugh-too face. He shoved me back and stifled back giggled. 

"Asshole," he rolled his eyes and, without effort, fell over me, holding himself up. I stopped my laughter and sighed, not letting my smile falter. 

"So, what does this mean exactly? Since we're, you know, normal." I stared up at him, his breath slowly hitting my face. Jack shrugged. 

"I don't know, I mean, it doesn't really make any sense... how we were fixed, does it?" He flopped next to me and let out a long huff of air. 

I turned my head to look at him. "Does it really matter now?" 

"What do you mean?" He quirked his eyebrow at me. "Of course it matters, we don't even really understand how this happened in the first place-" 

I shut him up by kissing him again. I don't have much of a reason, but we'd already kissed at least twice now, and I wanted more. He seemed to feel the same way, because he didn't pull away once he realized what was happening. IT went on for a minute, at least, before I pulled back and stared at him.

Jack looked red, and this time the blush kind, and his lips looked raw. 

"Gee," he breathed. "it's almost like you want to be in my body again." 

I didn't say anything for a moment, deciding to let his words sink in a little before I giggled childishly. He rolled his eyes again, playfully slapping my arm. 

"Oh, come on. You know I didn't mean it like that!" He rolled over and turned his back to me in defiance. 

"Sure you didn't," I coed at him, still chuckling. Looking at the back of his head, I smiled. "Thank you." 

He turned back around, confused. "Why?" 

"For getting me out of that relationship." My tone was thankful and sincere as Jack's furrowed face softened at me. He moved closer again and gave me one last peck on the lips before I hopped out of bed, shaking the the fatigue from my body. 

"Alright, well, let's go." I extended my arm out for him to take. Jack, however, only looked at me puzzled. 

"Go where?" He asked, taking my hand. I helped him to his feet and smiled. 

"Hello, my name is Mark and I don't believe we've properly met." I hopped to the door and opened it for him. "C'mon, Jackaboy, we have a lot of catching up to do."

...

That's it for this chapter! It's like two weeks late and could be better, but I tried real hard. I'm not sure if this is the last chapter, but I like the way it ended so it most likely is. I'm going to be posting at least one one-shot every week now, maybe two, to make up for some lost time as I work on a new series I want to put out. Thank you for reading! <3