Chapter Seven

Jack

"Dear lord, is he okay?!"

I hear hurried footsteps crunching toward me. Every word spoken is like two frying pans being banged against one another. Damn, does my head ache...

"Jack? Jack, come on wake up!"

"Why the hell did you just call him-"

"Shit-"

I finally began to feel and sense movement in my body, and I tried to lift my arm. My eyes wont open and all I can see is red. What the hell happened to me? All I remember is the double date and... a scream? Someone is in trouble...

"He's waking up!"

"Should we call an ambulance?"

I groaned, scrunching my face up and shaking my head to try and clear it from all the noise. I need to help them, where did they go?

"Would you guys shut up I-" I covered my ears. "Jesus my head..."

Once my eyes finally opened everything I see is blurry and spinning. Once it settled, I saw Mark in front of me, worry written all over his face. He opened his mouth to say something- Julian pulled him back and helped me up. I stared down at him, wide eyed, and squinted. Julian looked angry...

April coughed, clearing her throat. "Are you okay, Mark?"

Slowly, I nodded and stumbled around. She smiled at me and turned to Mark, who seemed to be nervous, and whispered something to him. I don't know what she said but it seemed to calm him down... I would think that Julian had just been giving him a hard time, it is his body that took a beating. I wouldn't expect Mark to give a damn that I'm the one feeling pain.

"We should leave, this double date thing is kind of a disaster." My blushing (with anger, I might add.) boy spat out, grabbing my head and slapping a big ol' kiss on my mouth. I don't know what to do in response, so I don't fight it in fear that he might get even more pissed off. I hear a gentle giggle and an 'aw' noise made and pulled back. It was then that I noticed just how far down Mark has to bend over just to reach Julian's face.

April smiled at us. "You guys are just the cutest-" she noticed me rubbing my head in pain again.

I snapped my head to look down the alley again- worried about who it was that had screamed.

"Where-"

"They left, we're lucky they didn't go after us too." Mark said, in a quiet voice. "April already called the police, so we probably shouldn't leave until they get here."

.

Surely enough, the police arrived not too long after that. I couldn't recall what all had happened, but I told them what I did remember. As I did so I felt scared, worried, for the girl. I questioned the police, over and over again, about if she would be okay or if they would be able to find out what happened to her.

They didn't answer, and just sent us all on our way.

That could have been me, I thought. It could have been anyone. I know I'm not the prettiest little flower, or even a girl for that matter, but... damn. It could have been anyone. It was, it was that poor girl who is probably so scared she can't even move.

I didn't talk until we all arrived back at the dorms. Julian didn't like that too much, but he didn't like anything I did too much.

I want my body back, I thought as I fell into Mark's bed. My eyes shut tight and I tried not to choke on my sobs. So much emotion is being sent through my body and I have no idea where it came from. I heard Mark sigh.